Check official website for live demo http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/vertical-scroll-recent-post/
Vertical scroll recent post plugin scroll the recent post title in the widget, the post scroll from bottom to top vertically. This is the best and fashionable way to show all the latest post to user. No coding language knowledge required to setup this plugin. Activate the plugin and drag and drop the widget into the sidebar. We have optional option to choose the particular category and order by option to scroll.
Features of this plugin
- Scroll recent post.
- Option to set number of post to scroll.
- Scrolling so it occupies less space.
- Option to choose category.
- Option to select order.
Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop vertical scroll recent post widget into your side bar. Itís very easy.
Add directly in the theme: Use the given PHP code to add the gallery to your theme files (i.e PHP file).
Q1. Where to update the plugin settings?
Q2. How to update number of recent posts to scroll?
Q3. How many number of recent posts title will be displayed at same time?
Q4. Why only few characters are displayed in scroll title?
Contributors & Developers
“Vertical scroll recent post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested up to 4.7
- Tested up to 4.6
- Tested up to 4.5
- Sanitization added for all input value.
- Tested up to 4.4
- Tested up to 4.3
- Tested up to 4.2.2
- Fixed bug with children categories of posts.
- Awaiting bugs/feature requests.
- After deactivating plugin, configurations were lost. Fixed that.
- Changed HTML to fix problem with line wrapping
- Option for scrolling direction
- Pause on mouseover
- Multiple widgets
- Shortcode added
- Different scrollings with different settings
- Fixed problem with empty categories select given in options page
- Added date format option, default option is WordPres date format
- Changed options page layout, made it more user-friendly
- Added option to display thumbnail before post’s title
- Changed option for displayed categories, users can now select them easier
- Added more options like: display post’s date, display link to category, control speed of scroll, seconds between scrolls.
- Added CSS file and removed most of the inline CSS, remained values change through PHP so a PHP file acting as CSS file is required.
- Converted all TABs to spaces and applied WordPress Code style recommendations.
- Tested up to 4.0
- Tested up to 3.9
- Tested up to 3.8
- Now this plugin supports localization (or internationalization). i.e. option to translate into other languages.
Plugin *.po file (vertical-scroll-recent-post.po) available in the languages folder.
Minor change in the admin layout.
Tested up to 3.6
Tested up to 3.5
Tested up to 3.4.2
New demo link, www.gopiplus.com
Tested up to 3.4
Reset Query issue has been fixed.
Tested up to 3.3
Security fixes (Only admin user can see the plugin menu in the dashboard)
Tested up to 3.1.3
Tested upto 3.0
New three option added to select the post.
Categories selection,select display Orderbys,select display order
To change the setting go to “vertical scroll recent post” menu under “setting tab”
We can use this plug-in in two different way.
1.Go to widget menu and drag and drop the “Vertical scroll recent post” widget to your sidebar location. or
2.Copy and past the mentioned code to your desired template location.
CSS height problem solved