Gutenberg has completely changed the editing experience by introducing block-based editor (earlier Gutenberg). It brought more power to content editing.
This plugin will work as add-on to Gutenberg’s ‘Column’ block.
Using this plugin, you will be able to add variable width column block to Gutenberg editor. If you are looking to divide your page/post content into two non-equal width then this plugin is for you.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- That’s it! Now you’re ready to use ‘Variable Columns’ block in Gutenberg.
- Where can I find ‘Variable Columns’ block in Gutenberg?
Edit any post/page with Gutenberg editor. You just need to click on ‘Add Block’ section on top-left corner of Gutenberg editor and goto Layout Elements. You’ll see ‘Variable Columns’ block in it.
- How can I resize column width?
To resize column width, you just need to select ‘Variable Columns’ block and drag range control displayed under ‘Column Width’ label according to your needs from right sidebar.
Contributors & Developers
“Gutenberg Variable Columns” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Major release – Now it is possible to add other blocks within Variable Column Block.
- Fixed the issues reported on plugin support page.
- readme.txt correction.
- “wp-editor” added in wp_register_script. “RichText” block is moved to ‘wp-editor’ component, previously was ‘wp-blocks’ component.