WordPress has completely changed the editing experience by introducing block-based editor (earlier Gutenberg). It definitely has brought more power to content editing.
This plugin will work as add-on to WordPress ‘Column’ block which will allow you to add variable width column block to editor.
If you are looking for dividing your page/post content into two non-equal width then this plugin is for you.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Variable Column Block Allows you to add variable width block into your post/page.
Install from WordPress plugin dashboard
- Visit the plugins page within your dashboard and select ‘Add New’;
- Search for ‘Variable Column Block’;
- Install & Activate ‘Variable Column Block’;
- That’s really it!
Where can I find ‘Variable Column’ block in WordPress?
Edit any post/page with block editor and click on Block Inserter on top-left corner next to site logo. Inside Search box, search for ‘Variable Column’ to find the block and click it.
How can I resize column width?
To resize column width, you just need to select ‘Variable Column’ block and drag range control displayed under ‘Column Width’ label from block settings on right.
Contributors & Developers
“Variable Column Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update plugin assets.
- Change readme.txt
- Fix – Update plugin assets
- Fix – broken block due to recent WordPress core component updates.
- Introducing block.json for developer and performance benefits.
- Major release – Now it is possible to add other blocks within Variable Column Block.
- Fixed the issues reported on plugin support page.
- readme.txt correction.
- “wp-editor” added in wp_register_script. “RichText” block is moved to ‘wp-editor’ component, previously was ‘wp-blocks’ component.