User Security Tools provides some improvements to security in wordpress.
- Control for Brute Force: Adds a maximum of failed login attempts within a certain period of
time. If this maximum is achieved, the user is locked.
- Password Policy: Enforces the minimun and maximum length of the password, and the level of
password that can be: low, medium and high.
- Password History: Don’t allow user to set password equals last 5 (in the next version this number
will be configurable).
- User Management: the network admin also can lock, unlock and reset user’s password manually
(in case of password reset, the user receives a new activation key and no data is lost).
- Initial Version
- Now both single installation mode and network installation mode are supported
- Security Fixes and Improvements
- BUG: The password policy is not applied when user’s password is reset
- Show the search field on User Security Tools page
- The list of the users shows more than fixed 5 items
- BUG: When a new user is created, include the ‘first’ password to the history (bug reported by Jason Buscema)