Group Your Users
- Add descriptions to user groups
- Assign colors to user groups
- View all users in a group
- Add users to more than one group at a time
The User Groups plugin does not modify user capabilities, limit access, or anything like that. This plugin does one thing, and does it well: create groups and organize your users by that group.
Works beautifully with the Rich Text Tags plugin for adding WYSIWYG descriptions to the User Groups.
- Upload the User Groups plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create User Groups by going to Users > Groups
- Add users to an User Group by visiting their profile page and selecting checkboxes of the groups you’d like to add them to
- Does this plugin limit user access to (anything)
I installed it according to instructions.
It reports that there are no groups (yet?).
It will not let me use any of it’s functions because I am “not authorized”.
No easy to find instructions provided for authorizing the first (admin) user…
Contributors & Developers
“User Groups” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.3 & 1.3.1 on April 11, 2016
- Fixed: User Groups lost when users update own profile
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 4.2 – 4.5
- Added: Translation strings
- Fixed: Additional sanitization
- Fixed: Colorpicker in Edit User Group screen
1.2.2 on June 11, 2015
- Fixed: PHP notices
- Fixed: When a User Group color wasn’t set, the group would not display in the Users table column
- Fixed: Potential security issue with
add_query_arg()– learn more (please update!)
- Implemented fix for a few bugs reported on WordPress Codex
- Fixed: User Groups with no users are viewable
- Fixed minor PHP message as reported here
- Added bulk editing of user groups