Adds an activation code to the new user email sent once a user registers. The user must enter this activation code in addition to a username and password to log in successfully the first time. A 10 character activation code is added to the user meta when the user is registered.
The administrator may reset the activation code or enter a new one from the users profile page.
This plugin does not currently work with multi-site. Multi-site uses an activation key system for new registrations already.
Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis of WebHostingHub.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Ne fonctionne pas avec Wp-Members
It works as expected and is exactly what I needed.
Contributors & Developers
“User Activation Email” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Altered activation process to handle large numbers of users (250k+) on slow hardware.
- Added a series of actions and filters to wp_new_user_notification to allow for greater control over the email sent to the user
- Fix incorrect URL encoding of query string.
- Fix errant error message displaying on log in screen for some users
- Fix fatal error with new user registration email
- Compatability with 3.8
- Fix problem of strict standards notice during activation
- Add uninstall.php file to remove traces of the plugin once it has been deleted
- Compatability with 3.7
- Fix active users column sorting
- Fix incorrect display of data in user list table
- Compatability with 3.5
- Activation code field on log in form is filled in automatically if user clicks url in email
- Added a new column on the users list table to display if the user has activated their account or not
- Fixed missing localization strings
- Bumped minimum WordPress version to 3.1
- Fixed authentication issue
- WordPress 3.3 compatible
- Localized and available for translation
- Added a field, shown only to admins, to the user profile that displays the activation code
- First version