Display cool, animated fly-out or fade box with related content. Just like New York Times.
When a reader scrolls to the bottom of a single post, page or custom post
type, a button animates in the page’s bottom right or left corner,
allowing the reader to select the previous or random available post or posts
in the selected configuration:
- Just previous
- Previous in category
- Previous in tag
- Related using YARPP (only post/pages)
There are 3 ways to install this plugin:
The super easy way
- Log in to your WordPress Admin panel.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Type ‘upPrev’ into the Search Plugins field and hit Enter. Once found, you can view details such as the point release, rating and description.
- Click Install Now. After clicking the link, you’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin.
- Click Yes, and WordPress completes the installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- A new menu
Appearancewill appear in your Admin Menu.
The easy way
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on the right column of this page
- In your Admin, go to menu Plugins > Add
- Select button
- Upload the .zip file you just downloaded
- Activate the plugin
- A new menu
Appearancewill appear in your Admin
The old and reliable way (FTP)
upprevfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- A new menu
Appearancewill appear in your Admin
- upPrev is turn on, but there is no box, what now?
First of all, check your template. To proper work plugin requires function
wp_footer. If your template don’t use one of theme, upPrev will not work. If you cant check this action in your templates manually use this code to check it: https://gist.github.com/378450
- My website is not in English, will upPrev work?
upPrev plugin will work on websites in the following languages:
Please check it on Translate upPrev plugin.
- How to add default image to post without thumbnail?
iworks_upprev_imageaction, read more:
- How to change post thumbnail to other image?
iworks_upprev_get_the_post_thumbnailfilter, read more:
- How to add upPrev for pages or custom post types?
Yes. Just select post types on
Appearance -> upPrev -> Contentpage in
Select post typessection.
- How I can customize with my own styles?
See here: How I can customize with my own styles?
- Need more snippets?
Visit: upPrev: snippet archive
Very nice plugin with some customization options (see extensions details).
It works fine! Love the plugin.
Very nice and simple to use, yet has all the configuration options needed. Thanks!
Very nice plugin with many customization options.
Helps reduce bounce rate and increase time on the page
I’ve installed it on my http://www.insidetheapp.com/ and it looks awesome on posts.
Thank you so much for making it free!
Excellent plugin. One of the best plugin I’ve ever used.
Contributors & Developers
“upPrev” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Release date: 2015-10-06
- BUGFIX: fixed a problem with showing the title if contains tags with attributes. Props for Ovidiu
- Release date: 2015-09-01
- IMPROVEMENT: added Tagalog translation by Kel DC
- IMPROVEMENT: added Slovak translation by Daniel Schmidt
- IMPROVEMENT: added Dutch translation by Ruud Kok
- BUGFIX: fixed empty post_type value thx to Zeus UpPrev error – array_key_exists()!
- IMPROVEMENT: added Italian translation by Francesco Giossi
- IMPROVEMENT: updated Simplified Chinese translation by Leo
- IMPROVEMENT: added filter ‘iworks_upprev_box_title‘ for box title, return false to remove title
- BUGFIX: prevent to display upPrev box on attachment page thx to Swaps4 upPrev displaying on attachment pages with no styling
- BUGFIX: remove add_contextual_help function (deprecated from 3.3).
- IMPROVEMENT: updated IworksOptionClass to 2.0.0
- BUGFIX: default value only when is need thx to Jeff Offset Not Working
- IMPROVEMENT: updated IworksOptionClass to 1.7.7
- IMPROVEMENT: add iworks_upprev_check filter, see documentation: Filter Reference – iworks_upprev_check
- IMPROVEMENT: updated IworksOptionClass to 1.7.4
- IMPROVEMENT: check upPrev compatibility with WordPress 3.7
- BUGFIX: fixed “last selected tab”
- IMPROVEMENT: updated Hebrew translation by של אודי בורג
- IMPROVEMENT: updated Bulgarian translation by Martin Halachev
- BUGFIX: Move custom css after wp_enqueue_style. thx to 007me Can’t change font size and style and costumize close button
- BUGFIX: Excerpt number of words to show option not working for a concrete excerpt. thx to gyalokai Excerpt number of words to show option not working
- IMPROVEMENT: updated IworksOptionClass to 1.7.2
- IMPROVEMENT: added box to front page thx to SARed Using Upprev on a front page with latest posts?
- IMPROVEMENT: added Hebrew translation by עמיעד
- BUGFIX: fixed limit for taxonomies thx to darkjedipete
- IMPROVEMENT: added Czech translation by Michal Bláha
- BUGFIX: fixed compatibility errors with YARPP 4.x version thx to adamdport
- IMPROVEMENT: add css to changed tabs class in WordPress 3.5
- IMPROVEMENT: check upPrev compatibility with WordPress 3.5
- IMPROVEMENT: added Bulgarian translation by Martin Halachev
- IMPROVEMENT: added Spanish translation by Ramón Rautenstrauch
- IMPROVEMENT: added Romanian translation by Florin Arjocu
- BUGFIX: critical update, plugin crash site if choose no post types
- IMPROVEMENT: added Russian translation by Вадим Сохин
- IMPROVEMENT: added German translation by Mario Wolf
- BUGFIX: fixed double output when using YARPP thx to gyutae
- BUGFIX: hide developer admin option
- IMPROVEMENT: added Brazilian Portuguese translation by Leonardo Antonioli
- BUGFIX: fixed minor description bug (thx Eva)
- IMPROVEMENT: added Vietnamese translation by Xman
- BUGFIX: use crc32 to build ids for tabbed config, wich collapsed in other than utf8 charset
- IMPROVEMENT: added GA option: non-interaction to prevent events in bounce-rate calculation.
- IMPROVEMENT: added French translation by Eva
- IMPROVEMENT: added option to hide upPrevBox on mobile devices, matching implemented from WP Mobile Detector ticket from forum
- IMPROVEMENT: added action iworks_upprev_image – you can add own code to produce icon, when them don’t support post-thumbnails
- IMPROVEMENT: added thumbnail filter iworks_upprev_get_the_post_thumbnail – now you can easy change thumbnail
- IMPROVEMENT: added purging transient cache entries from $wpdb->options table when turn off this cache forum
- IMPROVEMENT: add check _gaq object exist
- CHECK: checked compatibility to WordPress 3.3
- IMPROVEMENT: updated IworksOptionClass to version 1.0.1
- IMPROVEMENT: added ability to turn off “remove_all_filters” function
- IMPROVEMENT: change GA trackEvent syntax
- IMPROVEMENT: added Turkish translation by wpdestek
- BUGFIX: fixed printing GA code when “I don’t have GA tracking on site.” is unticked. forum thx win101
- BUGFIX: fixed end date filter for imported posts
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with unchecking ‘Excerpts’. forum thx benjamin
- BUGFIX: fixed sticky posts display loop
- BUGFIX: fixed thumbnail display problem
- IMPROVEMENT: added filter ‘iworks_upprev_box_item‘ for any item excerpt YARPPs
- IMPROVEMENT: added GA track: view box and click link
- IMPROVEMENT: added option ignore sticky posts
- IMPROVEMENT: added sanitize function for offset
- IMPROVEMENT: added thumbnail preview on posts/pages list
- IMPROVEMENT: cleaning empty styles from custom css field
- REFACTORING: option management
- BUGFIX: fixed problem for defaults post_type if no one choosed forum
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with using thumbnails in themes with thumbnail support forum
- IMPROVEMENT: added custom css rules (forum](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-upprev-version-235-update-breaks-thumbnail-support)
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with using thumbnails in themes without thumbnail support
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with default values and values saving (again)
- IMPROVEMENT: added correct way to enqueue style and js files
- BUGFIX: hide configuration link on plugins list page for WordPress MU
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with post excerpt
- BUGFIX: fixed problem with default values and values saving
- BUGFIX: fixed translation bug
- BUGFIX: removed date limit for random posts
- BUGFIX: fixed open in new window bug
- IMPROVEMENT: added limit to display only on selected post types forum
- BUGFIX: fixed small bug with display option
- IMPROVEMENT: added filter iworks_upprev_box
- IMPROVEMENT: added tabbed options (based on Breadcrumb NavXT plugin
- IMPROVEMENT: added prefix and suffix to urls
- IMPROVEMENT: added option to allow open links in new window
- IMPROVEMENT: added integration with YARPP
- BUGFIX: fixed Transients Cache Lifetime is set to wrong seconds
- BUGFIX: fixed deactivation hook option names
- BUGFIX: fixed display problem with document shorter than browser
- IMPROVEMENT: document post type as checkbox list
- IMPROVEMENT: added upPrev configuration link to admin bar
- IMPROVEMENT: added registered custom posts
- BUGFIX: fixed error if the behavior of boxing display for html element
- BUGFIX: fixed wrong method post_type selection
- BUGFIX: remove margin-top for title element
- IMPROVEMENT: added display taxonomies limit
- BUGFIX: When they scroll down again, the box flies out, which — on a small screen — can obscure a big chunk of the content. forum
- IMPROVEMENT: added box width option
- IMPROVEMENT: added box bottom and side margin option
- IMPROVEMENT: added transient cache for scripts and styles
- IMPROVEMENT: added actions: iworks_upprev_box_before and iworks_upprev_box_after, called inside the upPrevBox, before and after post. Now you can add some elements to upPrevBox without plugin modification.
- IMPROVEMENT: added option to display (or not) close button
- IMPROVEMENT: added post type choose: post, page or any.
- IMPROVEMENT: added random order for displayed posts
- BUGFIX: fixed translation load
- IMPROVEMENT: added show box header option
- IMPROVEMENT: added stamp for cache key
- IMPROVEMENT: added Polish translation by Marcin Pietrzak
- BUGFIX: fixed display upPrev box in case of an equal height of the window and the document
- IMPROVEMENT: added to use transient cache
- IMPROVEMENT: added thumbnail width (height depend of theme thumbnail)
- IMPROVEMENT: added prevent some options if active theme do not support it
- IMPROVEMENT: added activation & deactivation hooks (to setup defaults and remove config )
- BUGFIX: remove all filters the_content for post in upPrev box
- BUGFIX: added post_date as parametr, to get real previous post
- IMPROVEMENT: added header for simple method
- INIT: copy and massive refactoring of plugin upPrev Previous Post Animated Notification