Upload Unziper let’s you upload zip-archives and have them extracted, each file properly attached to the current post.
It’s built upon and meant to replace James Revillini’s now-broken just-unzip, and expands on the original plugin in the following ways:
- runs all files through WP’s sanitize filter to ensure valid filenames
- does not attach duplicates
- does not replace files with the same name
- correctly deals with nestled directories
- uses the latest WP core functionality and the latest PclZip version
- and – perhaps most importantly – it works! 😉
TODO (help needed)
This plugin could do with a few options. As it is, it’ll always unzip archives and then delete them – which might not always be desired.
There are options for this already used in the plugin so it shouldn’t be a problem, but I just loath front-end development. Placing a few tickboxes in the ‘upload’-iframe would do the trick. If you’ve got a few minutes to throw something together, please email me or post a comment to this plugin.
Options I’d like exposed:
- delete zip when done (default: true)
- unzip and attach (default: true)
- attach zip to post (default: false)Copyright (C) 2007 Ulf Benjaminsson (ulf at ulfben dot com).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
- Can I have the ZIP-file attached to the post too?
Yes. But you’ll have to alter the source. Open
- Can I keep the ZIP-file on the server?
- Can I disable the automatic extraction of archives?
Disable the plugin. 🙂
If you’re thinking of contributing a front-end for this plugin, you’d want to check out