Updraft – Backup/Restore is a plugin designed to back up your WordPress blog. Uploads, themes, plugins, and even your DB can be backed up to Rackspace Cloud Files, Amazon S3, sent to an FTP server, or even emailed to you on a scheduled basis. Plus, restoring is just a click away! Catch new releases and other information about my plugins by following @reaperhulk on Twitter.
Copyright 2010 Paul Kehrer This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
Really excellent! Flawless operation.
I use this plugin a lot and purchased the full version with all add-ons, which was necessary for me, as I tend to move sites around from host to host.
However, it's not the easiest plugin to use and the interface can be a bit of a struggle at times, certainly if you're not used to it.
Infuriatingly though, it's the developer's own web site and support that lets it down.
Updraft Plus is not cheap, yet after purchase, you have so many support credits, after which time you have to pay - but try navigating the developer's site to get that support.
Just when you've found it, you discover that you need the original purchase information, so have to go off looking for that too.
For this reason, if I were looking for a backup plugin right now, I would probably look elsewhere.
It's still a good plugin though and does what it claims, pity that the most useful things have to come at a premium though.
v0.6.1 – 2/27/2011
- Fixed local backups not deleting in certain cases
v0.6 – 7/27/2010
- Added blog name to backup names
- Fixed a short tag and private declaration that caused issues activating the plugin for some users.
v0.5 – 6/17/2010
- First public release!
- Fixed up WP_Filesystem calls for restoration and deletion of -old directories.
- Too many other improvements to count.
- Resumed work now that 3.0 is almost out. 3.0 required due to some bugs present in 2.9 around the WP_Filesystem chmod.
v0.3 – 2/5/2010
- Rewrote restore functionality to use WP_Filesystem classes. (still needs work)
v0.2 – 1/14/2010
- Partial restore functionality (DB restore not yet functional)
- Improved UI
- Improved error handling
v0.1 – 1/2/2010
- Initial versioning. Seeded 1/12/2010 to testers.