The purpose of this plugin is to shame content editors into updating page content that has not been touched in a long time, while simultaneously providing an overview of the oldest pages on a site. Also: gifs.
The plugin adds an Out of Date Pages subpage under the Pages menu, which breaks all the pages on the site down by last modified date, grouped by years since it’s been modified. Each page listed has a link to edit the page. All images on the Out of Date Pages subpage are sourced from reactiongifs.com.
- Extract the zip file and upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in the WordPress dashboard.
I’m a translator. I don’t understand some of these captions.
I’m well aware that there are some jokes/captions that may get lost in translation. Translators should feel free to make the captions their own in a way that makes the most sense in their language. There should not be any requirement (or assumption of a requirement) that the captions are “set in stone” and can’t be different than their source. All other translatable strings should be handled normally.
Can I submit reactions/captions?
Sure. Submit a ticket here.
Contributors & Developers
“Update Shaming” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- version bump, no major changes
- added plugin icon
- Removed all non-reactiongif.com images and replaced with reactiongif alternatives.
- Updated readme files and hacking.md.
- Added a view page link
- Cleaned up some alignment issues in the tables
- Initial release. See hacking.md for details about the code.