This plugin provides a simple method to update the comment counters stored in each post.
Works with multiple AJAX calls and processes packs of 50 posts by default.
For each entry, the comments counter is updated calling the WordPress function
Allows support for existing custom post types, and gives some plugin filters to change core configuration.
- Unzip and upload update-comments-count folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to menu Tools > Update Comments Count to start the updating process
- Why do I need to update the posts comments counter?
Sometimes, when interacting with another plugins that deal with comments, the commments counter originally computed by WordPress can be wrong. This plugin solves this problem using massively the standar WordPress way.
Contributors & Developers
“Update Comments Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Date: April 23th, 2015
- First and tested released until WordPress 4.2
- Tested code from WordPress 3.3.2 version.