Note: The end of Ultimate Tinymce
This plugin will not work properly on WordPress versions 3.9 and above
Instead, please switch to using WP Edit
- WordPress has released version 3.9.
- Ultimate Tinymce will NO LONGER function properly after the update.
- Please switch to using “WP Edit” instead; AFTER your site is updated to WordPress 3.9.
- In WP Edit, there is an option under the “Database” tab, which will attempt to import any settings from Ultimate Tinymce.
- WP Edit is the successor of Ultimate Tinymce… a complete project update.
Only use Ultimate Tinymce for WordPress versions 3.5.1 through 3.8.3
- Ultimate Tinymce will still continue to function properly in versions of WordPress between 3.5.1 and 3.8.3.
- However, I strongly suggest updating your sites to WordPress version 3.9; and then installing “WP Edit”.
- This will ensure you are running the most up-to-date code available!
- Simply too many features to list!! Please visit the Ultimate Tinymce website for a complete list.
Upload the plugin to your ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory, or download and install automatically through your admin panel.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will need to manually activate your buttons the first time you install. You can do this by going to the admin panel, settings page, Ultimate TinyMCE. Here, you can set your preferences.
- Support Forum
Please use my SUPPORT FORUM for expedited help.
Nice one to step up your current wp-editor.
Great plugin! I like it
Muy buen trabaja, gracias.
Before the 4.0 update I would have given UTMCE 5 stars, now, ever since the 4.0 version update of wordpress, Ultimate Tiny MCE plugin does not work properly. I have many of the buttons selected in settings, but many don’t show up on the edit page. There are some that don’t show up till you mouse over and my tables icon is missing so I am unable to add new lines or change fonts in my tables. Plus, the previous version the icons were in color, now they are all a light shade of grey.
If this bug isn’t fixed soon, I will be switching to another plugin.
I just purchased your UTMCE Pro version and now it no longer works??!!! But I’m being offered another plugin that will work with WP 3.9 for the same price??!!! Can you say SCAM??!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m irritated enough with the major downgrade that WP 3.9 turned out to be and now I get a bait-and-switch from you? !@#$%^%@$!!!!
Contributors & Developers
“Ultimate TinyMCE” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Removed dismissable banner from settings page.
- Updated a couple options for easier conversion to WP Edit.
Fixed admin notice to be dismissable.
Added admin notice informing switch to WP Edit.
- This version of Ultimate Tinymce will NOT function properly with WP versions 3.9 and later.
- Instead, please switch to using our updated “WP Edit” plugin.
- Checked all code to ensure WordPress 3.8 compliance.
- Adjusted miscellaneous links and nuances.
- Fixed overlapping input field on signup form.
- Secured a risk-factor in the plugin. THANK YOU to @dd32 from WordPress.org for bringing this to my attention.
- Fixed a possible security loophole whereby the plugin could be deactvated by a remote CURL command.
- Updated external links.
- Updated deprecated function.
- Some code re-write for WP 3.7.
- Fixed sprite images loading inside content editor.
- Performed a complete overhaul on all plugin button icons used in the editor. They are now grayscale by default, and colorized on hover (just like default WP button icons).
- Resized all editor button icons for a more consistent look and feel.
- Added an option to select where in the admin menu tree the Ultimate Tinymce settings page should appear (ie. Settings, Tools, Appearance, or Main level).
- Optimized how editor button icons are loaded. Created one sprite image, and now call all button icons from the sprite. This reduced the number of http requests (for icon images) when loading the editor from 22, to just 1.
- Removed some extranneous CSS code.
- Added links to the new Ultimate Tinymce WIKI.
- Fixed Polish Z character not working.
- Fixed YoutubeIframe button not opening.
- Fixed download issue.
- Modified CSS stylesheets to be more spec-oriented.
- Modified styling used in the plugin settings page.
- Fixed bug in “codemagic” addon with text wrapping.
- Fixed some styling issues.
- Fixed “Load Defaults” not working for some options.
- Fixed menu page “knocking out” other pages.
- Fixed two erroneous commas in “mce_langs.php” file which was causing errors in IE.
- Removed all metaboxes and re-configured using a tabbed section. This should make “option navigation” a bit easier.
- Moved Ultimate Tinymce Settings Page to a top level page. It is no longer found under the “Settings” tab.
- Added an admin tour using wp-pointers.
- Removed support the developer.
- Added option for using Ultimate Tinymce excerpts in Pages.
- Updated the CodeMagic addon. This fixes much of the white-space issues when moving content between the editor and the CodeMagic window.
= Bug Fixes=
* Updated all addon language strings into the common Ultimate Tinymce language localization. This means all the addon text strings can now be translated using the Ultimate Tinymce plugin .po and .mo language files. Also, it prevents the similar looking “table.table_desc” being displayed instead of the actual text string. My apologies to Translators… this has added approximately 800 new text strings to the plugin. But, now it is done correctly 😉
* Fixed YouTube bug where video options were not working properly (such as related videos, or play in hd).
* Fixed save buttons not displaying properly in some browsers (removed center html tags; replaced with margins).
- Consolidated “Buttons 1” and “Buttons 2” into a single “Buttons tab. This will cause all options that were set for “Buttons 2” to be lost. These will need to be re-configured. I apologize for the invonvenience… but it had to be done to put the “tabs” together.
- A new panel for quickly configuring plugin settings and options.
- Removed options for setting other plugins buttons. A new interface will be added soon.
- Consolidated, re-organized, and optimized code. Added comments and improved ‘readability’.
- A new option for supporting the developer.
- Updated language strings.
- Updated plugin uninstallation script to completely remove database options.
- Fixed mis-informed option.