With Ultimate Fields you can easily create fields in the admin. Those fields can be displayed when you are editing a post or page (any post type actually) or in an options page (ex. Theme Options) anywhere in the admin.
- Easy to use.
- Many types of fields.
- Post Meta containers which display fields on post edit screens.
- Post Meta containers can only be shown when a specific criteria is met. Criteria may include: Post Type, Specific Category (for posts), Specific custom taxonomy tags, Specific Templates and Specific hierarchy levels.
- Options Page containers which display options wherever needed. You can specify if you want the page to appear in the main menu or as a sub-page in the Appearance, Tools and Settings menu. Custom icons are also supported.
- Both Post meta and Options Pages support tabs.
- Properly styled: Ultimate Fields follows WordPress' built in styles as much as possible and provides a seamless experience. It's even fully responsive.
- Multilingual Fields are supported by automatic integration with qTranslate.
- PHP Export: You can export your fields to PHP and embed them in your theme or plugin.
- Output settings: You can change the way each field's value is displayed and then just call uf( 'field_key' ), without any additional processing. If a field is multilingual, the function will determine the current language and only display it's value.
- Heading Field
- Text Field
- Textarea Field
- Select Field
- Select Page Field
- Radio Field
- Checkbox Field
- Checkbox Set Field
- File Field
- Select Term Field
- Rich Text Editor (TinyMCE) Field
Repeaters can be used to add repeatable groups of fields. You can combine a text and a file field into a Slide group and allow the user to add as many slides as he needs. The value is saved in a single field!
Additionally you can add different types of groups into a single repeater. This way the user could add both Video Slides and Image Slides through the same place.
Embedding in themes and plugins
Ultimate Fields has all the necessary logic built in. Just place it wherever you need and include ultimate-fields.php