Ultimate WordPress Auction plugin allows easy and quick way to setup auctions on your site.
Simple and flexible, Lots of features, very configurable. Easy to setup. Great support.
PRO Theme Features
1. Responsive UI 2. Professional design 3. Home Page with Grid and List views 4. My Dashboard Page 5. Auction Detail Page 6. Auction Search Page with Facets 7. Login & Register pages 8. Blog 9. Contact Us page 10. About page 11. Inherits all features of PRO Plugin.
PRO Plugin Features
1. Reverse Auction 2. Registered Users can add auction to your site. 3. Front End Dashboard for users to add/manage auction. 4. PROXY BIDDING feature 5. Automatic Time Extension to AVOID SNIPPING. 6. Admin can charge LISTING FEE to users to post auction. 7. Admin can charge COMMISSIONS FEE on final bidding price. 8. Add SHIPPING/POSTAGE fee to auctions. 9. CATEGORIZE Auction in different categories. 10. Smart SEARCH feature for finding auctions. 11. PAYPAL invoicing for handling payment. 12. Schedule auction for later date 13. Add more than 4 IMAGES to auction 14. Add To WATCHLIST feature 15. BULK IMPORT feature 16. WIDGET to show auction. 17. Add Tax amount
Free Plugin (Core) Features
1. Registered User can place bids 2. Ajax Admin panel for better management. 3. Add standard auctions for bidding 4. Buy Now option with paypal 5. Upload multiple product images 6. Show auctions in your timezone 7. Paypal ready payment settings 8. Set Reserve price for your product 9. Set Bid incremental value for auctions 10. Ability to edit, delete & end live auctions 11. Re-activate Expired auctions 12. Email notifications to bidders for placing bids 13. Email notification to Admin for all activity 14. Email Sent for Payment Alerts 15. Outbid Email sent to all bidders who has been outbid. 16. Count Down Timer for auctions. 17. Lightbox feature to display auction images 18. Ability to Cancel last bid and Much more...
Free Plugin Display Features
1. Auction feed Page which shows excertps of live auctions 2. Pagination feature for feed page 3. Auction Detail page via wordpress custom post 4. Comments section for each auction page 5. Send Private Message section for each auction page 6. Tested with multiple WordPress theme
We used this plugin for our strong kids campaign for our non profit organization. We were having issues with the scrolling not working. I emailed Nitesh and within a few days he got back to me. He was able to resolve our issue. Thank you ! A+ 5 stars Plus the plugin is mobile compatible. Responsive!
This plugin is great to get an auction up and running quickly. If you want to do anything advanced is where you can run into road blocks.
Here are some road blocks and issues I've ran into.
Stylesheets aren’t set up properly. They are “enqueued” but not registered. Same for scripts. This means each and every page includes these files. Your homepage will have these scripts, your contact page etc. This is terrible for web page performance in most instances since it loads assets not needed for the page.
In an ideal world only the pages which include the shortcode would also use those scripts.
The problem with how they are included is if you want to over write or use WordPress'
dequeue_style or script you have to then pull those out and include them in your own theme under a different name and then register and queue them.
This also causes you to have to almost fight how the auctions are styled with specificity.
The included css files also use
!important throughout it. Making things a pain to over ride
There are old HTML tags used. For instance the tag
<center> is used. This tag was deprecated and considered obsolete in HTML4 so almost 17 years ago now.
There are table attributes and table children elements used without any opening or closing table tags.
In the backend user dashboard and the main auction feeder page there are tons of inline styles on elements, div’s being used for spans, text inside div’s with out paragraph tags or heading tags. Labels for checkboxes not in label tags just placed inline next to the check box.
Modal / dialog boxes use
Now if you're just wanting to get going, not worried about page performance and don't use a Content Security Policy then this hits all the right areas. The over all functions of this plugin do everything it says it will. Is easy to setup. I just wish it followed some more "modernish" best practices and allowed us the user to over ride styles and layout easier.
- Fix – Add auction wasn’t working properly when Ultimate Auction -> Settings -> Auction -> Allow users to bid -> “Only if they are logged in” was configured. This has been fixed.
- Fix – Dutch Translation Files updated by Alex
- Fix – Plugin would only show comments which are approved by admin.
- Fix – False Error while adding auction about empty title and description has been fixed.
- Fix – Added UAE’s currency support
- Fix – Fixed South African currency symbol issue
- Fix – Fixed multiple emails problem.
- Fix – Missing file “see-more-bidder.php” has been checked in to fix Manage auction section
- New Feature – Auction feeder and dedicated pages are made responsive.
- New Feature – Now Bid is retained if non logged is redirected to login.
- Fix – Localhost upload problem
- Fix – Usernames are now hyperlinked to show their emails inside Manage auction section.
- New Feature – Deleting auction would delete its images too.
- New Feature – Manage Auction -> Expired auction -> Payment column would now highlight payment method for better readability.
- Fix – Description text would appear without HTML code.
- Fix – New layout for Settings tab and separate Payments tab to mention payment related details.
- Fix – Plugin comments conflicts with theme/site comments.
- Fix – Warning message appearing under manage auction.
- Fix – Auction owner cannot place bid on his own auction
- Fix – Feed page overlap issue for few WP themes.
- Fix – Timer is now localized to be converted to local language.
- Fix – Popup message saying “ʺyou can be winner if you amount is close to buy nowʺ is now rectified to show at correct time.
- Code Update to support Proxy Bidding Addon. One needs to buy Proxy Bidding Addon for free plugin or PRO version for it.
- Code Update to support Automatic Time Extension to avoid snipping. One needs to buy Proxy Bidding Addon for free plugin or PRO version for it.
- Fix – Feed Page Image is now displayed by scaling it ratio wise which does not squeeze or blur the image.
- Fix – Default Image when no images are loaded.
- Fix – Lightbox Image container is fixed for no images. Earlier empty container was shown.
- Fix – Email Notification is not working for some wordpress site.
- Fix – Paypal link not proper for email clients like outlook.
- Support for new Search feature – Plugin will integrate with Categories Addon to display categories and search box.
- Auction short description field – New field added inside “Add Auction” form. This field is responsible in displaying auction excerpts (1 or 2 lines about auction) on feed page. Prior to this,
- All prices on front end would display decimal values upto 2 places.
- Bug – Fix provided for HTML Editor for auction description to accept new line characters.
- Bug – Email Sent via plugin would have sender name as website name.
- Plugin now supports Category Addon – If you want category feature then you need to buy category addon.
- Added Countdown timer for auctions.
- Breadcrumb added for dedicated auction.
- Bid Now button added on feed page.
- Lightbox feature to display auction images
- HTML editor added for Product description field.
- Bulk delete feature added for Manage Auction.
- Feed page Shortcode Issue resolved: Use your own text below and above shortcode.
- Resolved plugin conflicts: Renamed common variables which causes issues with other loosely coded plugins.
- Bug Resolved pertaining to End Auction when 2 bidders are competing for auction till last minute.
- Outbid Email which sends emails to all existing bidders that you have been outbid
- Code to integrate with Shipping Cost Addon. This lets you add shipping cost in auctions.
- Decimal Pricing is now possible.
To make this work: Update your plugin to 1.0.3 & then deactivate & re-activate the plugin.
- Pagination bug resolved
- New Feature added where only registered users can place bids
- Major CRLF bug resolved