Include a Twitter @username in your blog post and Twitter Tag will automatically create a link to that users Twitter page and will send a tweet telling them that they’ve been tagged in one of your posts. Twitter Tag uses Tiny URL to include a URL to the blog post in the tweet.
- Download and extract ‘twitter-tag.zip’.
- Upload the ‘twitter-tag’ folder to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Enable the plugin in the Plugins Admin page in WordPress.
- Enter your Twitter Username and Password in the ‘Twitter Tag Settings’ page under Settings.
- Decide if you want a Tweet sent automatically when you tag a Twitter user.
- I’ve put in my settings but the plugin is not sending any tweets
There are a couple of possible reasons for this:
- Incorrect username or password: Check that you’ve entered the correct username and password.
- You’ve exceeded the Twitter API limit: Twitter limits API requests to 100 per hour. If you hit this barrier, then wait and re-post.