This plugin will allow you to create any one of the four Twitter widgets located at twitter’s website twitter.com/goodies/widgets with the friendly wordpress drag & drop convenience of widgets. Some of the features:
- Can create multiple twitter widget instnaces (uses the new WP widget API)
- Four for one! Four twitter widgets – twitter lists, faves, your twitter profile, or a search
- All the options available via the twitter widget page are available here too (as of Nov 05 2009).
- Save multiple themes for your twitter widget. Use one theme (or many) across multiple widgets, no need to retype settings like on the twitter site.
- Quickly and easly switch between the different twitter widget types.
- One widget makes for twitter widgets.
- Place widgets in your posts and pages too with shortcodes (see notes).
If you have any problems with the plugins, please visit our [http://netweblogic.com/forums/](support forums) for further information and provide some feedback first, we may be able to help. It’s considered rude to just give low ratings and nothing reason for doing so.
If you find this plugin useful and would like to say thanks, a link, digg, or some other form of recognition to the plugin page on our blog would be appreciated.
To generate a twitter widget in your pages, here is a shortcode with all the attributes:
[tgw title=”Title for twitter widget” subject=”Caption for twitter widget” username=”Twitter User Name” search=”Twitter search string” type=”Either (search|list|faves|profile)” list=”Twitter List Name”]
Look at one of the twitter widget options in your admin panel, or also on the twitter site twitter.com/goodies/widgets to see what combination you need for which widget type.
Upload this plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it, or simply upload the zip file within your wordpress installation.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Create a theme (or use the default values) and from Settings > Twitter Goodies Widgets in the admin area and fill out the form.
Add a widget to your sidebar, or use the shortcode [tgw] to display your twitter widgets (see notes).
- Is this an official twitter plugin?
No it’s not, but it uses all of the standards twitter uses to generate their own twitter widget code and options.
For further questions and answers (or to submit one yourself) go to our [http://netweblogic.com/forums/](support forums).
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter Goodies Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors