“Twitcasting Status” is a widget and shortcode plug-in to display the live/offline status of a Twitcasting channel, using the images.
Enter a Twitcasting (Twitter) ID, and it will fetch the online/offline status. Then it will display the online/offline status images of your choice.
Twitcasting is the light-weight easy live casting service from your iPhone or Android using your Twitter or Facebook login. No registration is required. You can start the live cast right away.
Check out the demo at (although you only see it when I’m live.)
I’m looking for your feedback! Please contact me via my website
or @katz515 on twitter.
Fork me on GitHub. Pull Requests are always welcome!
Plug-in Support Page
Also check out my other WordPress plugins
- What do I need?
In addition to WordPress site, you need to sign-up at Twitcasting.tv and start live casting.
- How do I sign up for Twitcasting?
Click LOGIN icon from Twitcasting.tv using your Twitter or Facebook account
- I don’t have any images for offline/online images
You need to make your own images. I may make preset later if you ask me so.
- I’m live. But my status won’t change.
First, wait for 60 seconds. Twitcasting Status uses cache. It only check the live/offline status once a min.
If you don’t see the change os status after 60 seconds you become live, you may have misspelled your Twitcasting ID, your WordPress site may be having hard time reaching Twitcasting Server, or your IP may be blocked from Twitcasting Server.
- How can I check if Twitcasting server is working or not?
In order to check if Twitcasting service itself is working or not, you could directly ping their server by going to
Replace the last “X” to your account ID (e.g., YokosoNews) when you’re live. You should be able to see “islive”:true in your browser.
If you’re still having problem getting the status, you can think of the following situation
- You mistyped your Twistcasting ID (Twitter ID)
- You mistyped the wrong URL of images
- Twitcasting Server may be having some problem.
- Your WordPress server may be blocked by Twitcasting Server
- Support translation.
- Fix shortcode output.
- Added the support multiple accounts to display their status.
- Added the support for shortcode.
- Tested up to Version 4.3
- fixed the bug that not showing the Twitcasting title
- Adding the cache (by using Transient API)
- Fixing the file structure
- The initial version. This is in beta but it should work ok.