This plugin adds some Twick.it functions into your wordpress blog.
First you can mark phrases with a
[twickit] tag. The plugin looks up the phrase at Twick.it. If there is a definition for the phrase it will be shown both as a tooltip and with a link to the adequate page
If you want the plugin to find any word with a corresponding Twick.it-definition in a paragraph you can
surround the textblock with
[twickitall]. The plugin will look up any word in the marked block.
Last but not least you can enable the so called Marker-Popup-Feature. If enabled your readers can mark any phrase in your blog to look it up at Twick.it. After marking a text with the cursor a small popup
will show the available definitions at Twick.it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin at the config page
- Mark text with
[twickit]foo bar[/twickit]in posts or comments to add a link to Twick.it
The phrase I like to link to differs from the marked words. How can I arrange that?
Just specify the word you like to limk to in the
[twickit]-Tag like this:
I like [twickit word="cookie"]cookies[/twickit].“
Contributors & Developers
“Twick.it” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- First stable version. Let’s go!
- Some bugfixes
- Some bugfixes
- Enable caching
- Works even is allow_url_fopen is switched off in php.ini
- Bugfix: Multiple [twickit]-Tags in comments wasn’t possible till now.
- Block SQL injektions in cache table
- Clear cache function
- Insert prototype-JS from Google
- Fixed bug at [twickitall]
- Improve cache handling
- German translation
- No need to include Prototype-Framework anymore. => Compatible with JQuery and other JS-frameworks.
- Minor bugfixes
- Explanation is shown in green bubble
- Added geo location
- Adjust layout for new admin panel in WordPress 3.1
- Added italian translation. Thanks to Gianni Diurno
- Added color-settings
- Added some documentation
- Minor bugfix