A smart badge that shows your Twitter details and who you’re following on Twitter. It shows your friends’ avatars and invites your readers to come and follow you too.
The plugin makes use of the TweetBurn server and doesn’t reduce the number of API calls you can make without hitting Twitter’s limit. It also automatically integrates with Sponsored Tweets and if you have an account on that service, it will automatically invite viewers to Sponsor one of your Tweets.
Setting up the widget is simple, just install the plugin, activate, and specify your Twitter user name. Once the widget is installed, you can log into Tweetburn and change your colours, size and even captions.
Are you listed in our Tweetburn directory for Twitter users?
- Download the plugin
- Extract the ZIP archive
- Upload the tweetroll folder into your WordPress install wp-content/plugins folder
- Activate the from WordPress administration
- Go to Presentation > Widgets. Add the widget to the sidebar of your liking and/or setup any options you want to change.
- Can I use the plugin without widgets support?
Just add this line to your sidebar template:
<?php tweetroll('<username>'); ?> where <username> is your Twitter username
- Can I chage the widget’s size and colour?
Just head down to the customisation page. Any changes you make there will be reflected by the widget on your blog.
- Do I need to supply you with my Twitter password?
No. We’ve designed the widget so that we can use API calls that don’t require you to authenticate against their service. So if your Twitter account gets hacked, you don’t need to worry that it was us.
- How do I use TweetRoll to make money?
Just sign up for Sponsored Tweets. Once you’ve done this for the Twitter account you’re using for TweetRoll, the widget will automatically invite users to sponsor your Twitter feed.