This plugin will tweet from your Twitter account when you publish a new blog post. It will also show those tweets as being from your site in the tweet’s “source”. This plugin requires you to have the php_curl library on your server and requires you to create an OAuth client on twitter.com.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings->TweetOnPost
- Follow the directions to create an OAuth client on twitter.
- Copy your consumer key and consumer secret to the form.
- click “Save Settings”
- Make sure you are logged in with the twitter account you want to tweet from, and click “Add Account”
- Done. If you want to use your own bit.ly account to track your tweet links, overwrite the default bitly credentials.
Contributors & Developers
“TweetOnPost” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First Version
- Minor Fixes
- Specifiy absolute paths for includes
- Shorten title if tweet goes over 140 chars
fixed xmlrpc updating
Support for multiple twitter accounts
code clean up, screenshot added
added support for tags and categories.
added enable/disable feature.
fixed tweet on scheduled post
adds meta-data to tweeted posts to preventing tweeting on update via xmlrpc.
allows disabling of url shortening