Create a Twitter live feed widget that fits your style!
TweetMachine for WP is a simple but yet fully customizable Twitter live feed widget.
WP Widget using ryangiglio’s excellent jquery-tweetMachine which is a Twitter live feed jQuery plugin. This plugin uses this as a foundation and ads an easy to use but still very customizable WordPress widget.
So why is this widget better than Twitter’s standard widget?
- Add you own style. You can style this widget how ever you want to make it fit info your design.
- Server side cache for better performance. All tweets are cached serverside for improved performance and to minimize the number of API calls(otherwise you may exceed your rate limit. 450 requests per 15 min window) Not implemented yet, but it’s coming soon
Features and functionality
- Loads fast. Option to always load form cache first and then refresh.
- How do i use my own stylesheet/CSS?
First go to the plugin configuration page(Settings->TweetMachine) and scroll down to the “Customization” section. Here you will find the “Use plugin CSS” option. Uncheck this.
Then I would recommend you to copy the the default CSS(you find it by clicking “Default file”) to your theme. This will be a good starting point for your modifications in most cases. You can ether copy the CSS and paste it into your themes style.css or you can create a new file and include it with the following line somewhere in your theme’s functions.php:
wp_enqueue_style( ‘TweetMachine-custom-style’, get_template_directory_uri().’/path/to/tweet_machine.css’ );
- How do I change the markup/HTML that’s being generated?
Use the “Custom markup” field. Documentation for this is on the configuration page.
The recommended way to do this is to add the URL to your replacement script on the configuration page. This actually makes it possible continue to use the configuration page as it is!
tweetMachineDataobject. See the default loader for more details.
The other not recommended option is to disable the script loading in the plugin completely and load the script yourself. If you do this and want to access the options, use “tweetMachine-widget-script” as the script handle in the
For latest documentation, see the jQuery Tweet Machine GitHub page.
- Initial version