This plugin allows you to build a list of twitter users who tweeted a selected text and display it in a page on your blog.
Say for instance you are working with a charity, let’s say Charity:Water and you want to show a list of people who have been speaking about it on twitter. You can go ahead and create a query based on “#charity:water” for example.
The plugin will then search for people who have tweeted this and begin building a list of them. By adding a tag to you page the plugin will then render a pretty list of all users, their pictures a links back to their twitter accounts.
This can be use in various situations, it only depends on how creative you get with your queries.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload and unzip in
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place correct tags in your pages (See settings page for instructions)
Contributors & Developers
“Tweester – Show Twitter support” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Search functionality
- ShortCode List functionality
- Possible to exclude users from list
- New internal structure
- Force update of authors
- Better CSS rules and HTML in list
- More information in settings page about scheduled updates
- Option to clear authors table
- Cache expiration in 15 days (refreshes user data)
- Making Tweet search go back to the max results (1500 tweets)