Tweefind.com WordPress plugin automatically adds at the bottom of your blog posts (no homepage, but single pages only) the most relevant tweets related to your posts’ content. The plugin actually searches Tweefind.com for tweets related to first keyword you use to tag your post. This behavior will be improved in the next versions.
Tweets are added live, so if new tweets coming from users with higher rank (provided by Tweefind.com) come out, the tweet/tweets displayed will be replaced with the new ones. You can pause the auto-update by pressing the pause button at anytime or you can deactivate it from the admin panel.
For more information on Tweefind.com, please go to http://www.tweefind.com. You may also want to take a look at the presentation available on Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/filosnet/tweefind-a-rankbased-twitter-search-engine
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q: I don’t want that horizontal scrollbar! A: If a horizontal scrollbar appears, make sure that the width you set is big enough otherwise you can try to use the “small” version of the widget, by setting the appropriate parameter on the admin panel.
Q: I don’t want that vertical scrollbar! A: If a vertical scrollbar appears, make sure that the height you set from the admin panel is big enough.
Contributors & Developers
“Tweefind” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Minor bug fixes
- Added link to the admin page from the WP Plugin page, added new available size, ability to change the default tag (in case no tags are available for a post), minor bug fixes.
- Added the ability to show/hide the search box, change the main color, hide the Tweefind logo, stop live search, show/hide play/pause button.
- Added the ability to modify the number of tweets shown.
- Added admin panel. Width and Height can be modified.
- First version