TRUEedit is designed specifically for people who understand HTML and want to format their HTML code for readability. By default WordPress modifies your post content with two filter, this plugin lets you disable those filters along with any other content filters. TRUEedit also enables the inserting of tab characters into the post’s content editor. You can even change the font, size and color of the editor, giving you more control over your blog editor.
Keep in mind that by default WordPress texturizes and automatically adds break and paragraph tags into your post content. Which means if you want to put HTML tags on different lines and format your code you could inadvertently be adding break and paragraph tags. Oh No? Use TRUEedit to fix this problem.
- Removes the wpautop filter which adds paragraph tags to your post content.
- Removes the wptexturize filter which replaces characters and patterns.
- Review and remove any other filter applied to the content of your blog.
- Lets users insert tabs in the post HTML editor
- Lets user change font, size, color and height of the post editor
- Lets user go into a fullscreen editor mode.
- How do I completely remove the Visual Editor
You should use WordPress’s built in “Visual Editor” option for each user whom you would like to stop from using the Visual Editor. Simply go to your Admin Panel’s User section, edit a user and check the checkbox near the top that is labeled “Disable the visual editor when writing”.
- Can I Keep One Of The Filters
Yes, if you go to the TRUEedit Settings Panel you will see two check boxes which let you turn on and off the wpautop and wptexturize filters.
- fixed the jump bug when inserting tab characters in Firefox.
- fixed the PHP warnings on the settings page when a filters array doesn’t exist.
- html is no longer set as the default editor while the plugin is active, disable the visual editor in your user settings instead.
- only show documentation links for specific built in filters.
- fixed syntax error that stopped activation.
- display bug fix on plugin activation.
- Disable any of the functions attached to ‘the_content’ filter.
- Fix FullScreen Editor bugs.
- Added Fullscreen Editor.
- Initial Release