Hide menu items in the admin interface from non-admin users. It’s still possible
for them to access the corresponding pages by entering the URL directly.
This plug-in perfectly complements
Admin Trim Interface, a plug-in capable of
hiding other elements of the admin interface.
Please note that the administrator isn’t affected by the changes.
Trim Admin Menu directly from the plug-in section in your WordPress
- Why isn’t it possible to hide the Dashboard?
A future version of this plug-in might support it. It would be necessary
to specify what page non-admin users should be redirected to when logging in.
Contributors & Developers
“Trim Admin Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Some updates in readme.txt.
- The logic that automatically activates/deactivates related checkboxes has been
fixed. If a main menu item is hidden and the user decides to unhide a submenu
item, also unhide the main menu item.
- Screenshot added.
- Make use of JQuery to deactivate the checkboxes of all submenu items if the
corresponding main menu item is hidden.
- German translation added.
- First FAQ added.
- Initial version.