There are plenty of auto translate plugins, but they leave the content rigid with grammatical errors. For those needing a solution to translate a WordPress site manually into unlimited languages or versions, WP-Translate is for you. Using shortcodes, template tags, and a widget, you can easily create a site that will reflect appropriate content, images, links, and text for each language. You can use simple shortcodes in your content, or customize your templates to change your entire site. The beautiful thing is that you don’t need to create multiple posts or pages for each language. All content is filtered off one post/page.
- Translate no longer uses commas as delimiters for the parameters, use the | pipe symbol instead. This caused problems when trying to translate paragraphs with commas.
- Nested shortcodes. You can now add contact forms, photo galleries and whatever other plugin that uses shortcodes into the [translate] tags.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add languages in the Translate menu on the admin panel.
- Visit: http://www.misternifty.com/translate for full documentation of shortcodes and template tags.