Training Tab is a WordPress plugin designed to assist administrators who have training documentation for their end-users in the form of written documentation, images, links and video instructions. Post training on your custom WordPress site in training tab to make learning and using WordPress easy for your end-users. The plugin also allows for end-users to request new training, either from TechStudio or any other developer.
- Download the plugin and extract it
- Upload the
/training-tab/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q: Who can see training and who can manage it?
A: To see training a user must be a contributor or better. To manage training a user must be an administrator. If you are dabbling with user capabilities, there are a few more specifics. A later version of the plugin will allow managers to set capabilities required to view, manage or request training.
Q: Where do I go to view the training?
A: View your training as a contributor user or better in the WordPress dashboard. Currently, training is only visible in the dashboard as the plugin is designed for WordPress webmasters who need training and instructions from their developers.
Contributors & Developers
“Training Tab” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- A few more changes to the interface. Cleaned up the markup too.
- Refreshed the interface and added compatibility for older browsers.
- Fixed a bug which caused the request forms to email to the hardcoded address even when a manual address was supplied.
- Modified capabilities required to access parts of the plugin. An administrator is required to manage training, while a contributor can view or request training. Subscribers have no access. A later feature modification will add the ability for capabilities to be defined dynamically using the management interface.
- Redesigned the TechStudio header.
- Redesigned response messages when changes are made to training records or if a request is sent.
- Added a Description field to the Request Training form.
- Fixed a problem which caused the WordPress to show the version incorrectly.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug on the Manage section.
- Initial release