TLDR for WordPress provides short 350 character (+/-) summaries of posts that replace the extract that WordPress uses by default. Readers will enjoy reading sentences from posts, rather than the first 55 words that WordPress generates. The TLDR WordPress Plugin inserts the summary when a draft is saved or published using the WordPress editor, as well as provides keywords and optimization tips for search. Tweak the summary to make it more attention grabbing, slightly vary the sentences from the main copy, or use the summary that was automatically generated. Wherever your templates displays the WordPress Extract, the TLDR summary will appear instead.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- When ever you write or update a post, check the checkbox right above the blue publish button, if it has not already been checked, hit ‘Publish’ or ‘Save Draft’ and a summary will be populated into the ‘Excerpt’ box and keywords will be populated in the ‘Tags’ box.
- What does TLDR Stand for?
TLDR is the acronym for “too long; didn’t read.” Commonly used in online discussion forums as a shorthand response to posts that are deemed unnecessarily long.
- What are the supported languages by the TLDR Plugin?
TLDR Plugin primarily supports English. Germanic and Romance languages are partially supported. TLDR Plugin works best when content is well-written and coherent.
The concept of this plugin is very good; the operation not so at all.
1. You cannot get support no matter how many messages you send the developer; he’s onto bigger and better things…so get an associate or pull the plugin.
2. The concept of the plugin is to write summaries of long posts which get inserted with a summary button. Then you can add a CALL TO ACTION button. For my books, too many steps to do too little…worse still, it would not work for me out of PREVIEW mode which made it totally useless.
Better to use two alternatives a replacements. EVERMORE and MANGO buttons. They both work…EVERMORE lacks insertion options that toggle on or off but it works easily.
Mango Buttons….superb in every way !
Contributors & Developers
“TLDR for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- This is version 1.0, there are no changes.