Tipsy Social Icons is a WordPress widget that makes it easy to include a variety of social icons and custom labels into your WordPress blog or site. It includes both 16×16 and 32×32 variations of the icons and optional hover effects.
Tipsy Social Icons allows you to:
- Define a custom URL for each image
- Easily customize each icons label
- Modify the placement of the tooltip
- …and much more!
The plugin includes the following icons:
- Deviant Art
- Stack Overflow
Don’t forget to check our other cool plugins
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ Plugin Dashboard
tipsy-social-icons.zipfrom your computer
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugin Dashboard
tipsy-social-icons.zipto your computer
- Upload the
tipsy-social-iconsdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugins dashboard
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tipsy Social Icons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tipsy Social Icons” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changing plugin ownership
- Changing plugin ownership
- Removing donate link
- Adding adopt-me tag
- WordPress 3.8 compatibility
- Added support for 500px
- Moved screenshots out of plugin directory for a lighter download
- Minor improvements to coding conventions
- Updated icons for Instagram, Yammer, and Behance with improved transparency.
- Props to @traukainehm for the icon updates.
- Added support for Yammer
- Updating the donate URL
- Updated localization files
- Continued resolution with the widget dashboard and the public display of the plugin
- Rolling back changes that broke the plugin in 3.5.
- Added a namespace for filters and dried up the code (via @justnorris)
- Added new filters and actions (via @justnorris)
- Added the ability to programmatically edit, add, and remove icons from the list (via @justnorris)
- Updating the list of available icons in the README (StumbleUpon)
- Minor localization update
- For the technical changes see this commit and this commit.
- Thanks to Branco for the Slovak translation (WebHostingGeeks.com)
- Added icons for Behance
- Added icons for Instagram
- Improvements to localization
- Adding icons for MixCloud
- Updating StumbleUpon icon
- Confirming support for WordPress 3.5
- Updating the donate link
- Updating a small typo in the README
- Adherence to the WordPress Coding Standards
- Improved admin user interface
- Added the ability to completely disable tooltips
- Remove the Posterous icon
- Added icons for Evernote, GitHub, Picasa, Rdio, Stack Overflow, Stumble Upon, Yelp, and ZooTool
- Updated screenshots
- Added a new screenshot
- Added a plugin header image
- Renaming plugin as ‘WP Social Icons Lite’
- Adding a new screenshot
- Updating existing screenshot
- Adding support for Pinterest
- Adding a new option for tooltip position
- Updating localization
- Minor admin UI improvements
- Verifying 3.3.1 compatibility
- Fixing a class name error
- Addition of the Tumblr icon
- Refresh of the Twitter icon
- Notices about the premium version, WP Social Icons.
- Improving minor problem with Google+ support
- Activated support for DeviantArt
- Added support for FourSquare
- Fixing a problem with invalid headers.
- Added support for Google+
- Tested WP3.2 compatibility
- Added support for SoundCloud
- Updated the widget admin display to display a proper description
- Added icons for Deviant Art, GitHub, and Stack Overflow
- Removed the fading of the Tipsy tooltips. In some cases, the jQuery event queue would back up and cause erroneous results with the tips.
- Initial release