A tiny and simple hackable plugin to manually assign and display related posts. Incudes a widget, a shortcode (
[tinyrelated]), a couple of template tags (
the_related_posts()/get_related_posts()) for easy integration.
You can pick up to 10 related posts via a meta box in
Edit Post window. If no posts were selected, there is an option to display random posts instead. Currently, there is no automatic generation of related posts.
The plugin is translation ready and has Lithuanian translation.
Also try out my other plugins:
- Gust – a Ghost-like admin panel for WordPress, featuring Markdown based split-view editor.
- tinyCoffee – a PayPal donations button with a twist. Ask people to treat you to a coffee/beer/etc.
- tinyTOC – automatic Table of Contents, based on H1-H6 headings in post content.
- tinyIP – Premium – stop WordPress users from sharing login information, force users to be logged in only from one device at a time.
An enormous amount of coffee was consumed while developing these plugins, so if you like what you get, please consider treating me to a cup. Or two. Or ten.
Does it pick related posts automatically
Not at the moment. If no posts are picked manually, it will show random posts by default (can be turned off in Settings).
- Initial submission to wordpress.org