This is a simple plugin that enables rich text editing on the excerpt field.
If you have any plugins installed which alter TinyMCE, e.g. to add additional
buttons, they will also be applied to the excerpt editor.
Any issues: contact me.
Known issues / bugs
Please report any issues that you find.
- In WordPress versions prior to WordPress 2.5, when you click the “advanced toolbar” button, the advanced toolbar shows up on the
Content, rather than the excerpt. Reported by Jorge Villalobos
- You can’t send images to the excerpt editor from the edit page file browser;
you have to send them to the main editor, then copy and paste.
- To show the excerpt you have to use a template which uses
I’m simply noting requests here, I’ve not necessarily looked into how possible any of these are or how much effort they might require.
- It would be great if you could switch between TinyMCE and Quicktags as the content does. Requested by Jorge Villalobos
- Bug fixes from Eric Zhang (thanks!)
- Should now be compatible with Google’s (Living Stories kit for WordPress)[http://code.google.com/p/living-stories/wiki/WordpressInstallation]
- Fix: Fixed some issues whereby some JS was being called on pages other than the post edit page. Refactored some code, no additional functionality.
- Fix: Now works with WordPress 2.5. Thanks to J Bradford Dillon
for reporting the issue & providing some code. Retains backwards compatibility for previous versions of WordPress.
- Fix: Thanks to Jascha Ephraim for spotting
and providing code to fix an issue where the excerpt content wasn’t
auto-paragraphised. It is now.