Plugin that enables you to create table of contents in your posts and pages. You can choose what it will parse, and what
it will not parse. It’s very simple to use from your editor
so you do not have to manualy enter tags. Now it’s nothing special, but later it will have much more features including
some predefined styles and more styling control.
- Custom TOC tag (so you dont have to use
- svn checkout http://svn.wp-plugins.org/tiny-table-of-contents-tinytoc/trunk/ tiny-table-of-contents-tinytoc
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/php4every1
- Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1296304925&ref=mf
- Plugin home: http://php4every1.com/scripts/tiny-table-of-contents-wordpress-plugin/
- Documentation: http://php4every1.com/scripts/tiny-table-of-contents-wordpress-plugin/#Documentation-1
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Now do I use this plugin?
When you go to your post editor you will see drop down menu “TOC Levels”. Select you chapter and then chose one of the levels. Or you can manualy wrap your chapter in [tinytoc level=”lv”]cont[/tinytoc] tags where
lvis your level (number) and
contis you chapter.
- How to use image as “Back to top” button?
You have to add
<img />tag to your text with path to that image as
- Can I add text before TOC?
If you add
[tinytoc]after that text, yes.
- Can I chose TOC position?
Yes, by placing
[tinytoc]in your text.
- How can I remove `Header` and still be able to use `Back to top` feature?
In order to use
Backt to topyou need to have some tag with some ID. Just add
style="display: none;"to your
Html before titlefield in tag. If you have default example
<h3 id="tyinTOC">then you would have
<h3 id="tyinTOC" style="display: none;">. That will remove Title before table of contents and still allow you to use
Back to topfeature.
- How do I know what each of these fields mean?
Contributors & Developers
“Tiny Table Of Contents – TinyTOC” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Ver 1.6.3 (released 2010-06-03)
- Bugs fixed and code improved by Matjaž Pečan
Ver 0.12.31 (released 2009-12-31)
- Fixed bugs reported by Navjot Singh
Ver 0.8.30 (released 2009-08-30)
- You can now position TOC by inserting
[tinytoc]in your code
Ver 0.8.12 (released 2009-08-12)
- Fixed custom styling on each level
- Updated regular expression to make it faster
Ver 0.7.18 (released 2009-07-18)
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Added custom styling for each level in TOC list
- Improved speed
Ver 0.7 (released 2009-06-27)
- Fixed problem when parsing home page ( tag)
- Fixed some small parsing bugs
- Optimized script
- Fixed creating of TOC problem (nested loops problem)
- Fixed chapter parsing in TOC (now all styling is removed)
- Added “Remove when not used” feature
- Added “TOC on all pages” feature
Ver 0.3 (released 2009-05-21)
- Plugin first version