The Timely booking widget is a plugin to add our online booking feature to your WordPress site. Use it for both your “Booking Widget” and/or your “Book Now” button.
If you use WordPress to manage your website and you use the Timely booking calendar to run your business, you can make use of this plugin to include a booking button or widget on your website. Widgets (plugins) are a simple way of making your WordPress site look great. The best part is that we’ve done all the hard work for you!
With this plugin you can quickly and easily connect your Timely account to your WordPress site.
Timely – Smart booking software
Online booking features:
- Easily book an appointment or class in a few clicks. No login is required.
- Customers can choose from multiple locations.
- Customers can book multiple services in the same appointment.
- Set your available appointment time by rostering staff on as working.
- Set a booking capacity for classes.
- Add padding time (for prep or setup time) before and after bookings.
- Take online payment for appointments using PayPal, Stripe, Pin Payments, DPS Payment Express, Authorize.Net or eWay.
- Send a booking confirmation using SMS or email.
- Sync your bookings to your iCal or Google Calendar.
- Set a lead time for appointments. Such as: Can only book 48 hours in advance.
- All your bookings is kept on one beautiful calendar that is easy to navigate.
Thousands of people around the world love using Timely to run their bookings! It’s easy to use, doesn’t cost you a fortune and just works. Timely is packed with the business features you need to run your daily activities, plus it’s hosted in the cloud making accessing your account easy and convenient.
For more information visit our site: http://www.gettimely.com/
Or get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I set it up?
To install it on your directory, follow these steps:
- Upload the timely-booking-button directory to the /wp-content/plugins/directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Log in to your WordPress site to get started. Then, follow these steps:
- On your Dashboard click the ‘Plugins’ and ‘Add new’
- Search for the “Timely booking” plugin
- Click the Install Now link
Activate your plugin from the widgets menu (Appearance > Widgets admin)
- Once the plugin has been installed, click ‘Activate Plugin’
- Under Installed Plugins you’ll be able to edit the settings for the Timely plugin. Make sure you use the business name that is displayed on your mini website (e.g. doedayspa)
- Once the plugin has been installed it will be available under your widgets. You’ll be able to add the booking button to your sidebar, or add the widget where you like.
Other ways to use the Timely booking widget
- Place for the Booking Button or the Booking Widget in your templates
- Use the shortcode on your Pages or Posts:
- Timely Book Now Button [tbb-button]
- Timely Booking Widget [tbw-widget]
What is Timely?
Timely is smart booking software that will save you time and money. It looks beautiful, is backed by world class support and has everything you need to run your business. Timely works on any device anywhere providing flexible scheduling for business owners and easy online booking for customers. More info: http://www.gettimely.com
What is the Timely Booking Button?
The Timely booking button allows you to display a button on your website labelled “Book Now”. When the button is clicked the Timely online booking process opens for customers to make new bookings. This process happens on top of your website page – meaning your clients never leave your website.
What is the Timely Booking Widget?
The Timely booking widget allows you to embed the Timely online booking process directly into your website. Customers can make new bookings right there on your web page.
Do I need a Timely account?
Yes, you will need a Timely subscription. You can get started with our 30 day free trial. And even install this plugin while on the trial. Get in touch if you have any questions: email@example.com
The plugin works well and does everything it claims…. however it’s a little too featureless.
The button design can’t be changed, its not retina etc etc.
Also the calendar widget from the website can’t be used on its own.
Timely as a service is brilliant, but your better off using the tools on there and dropping their tracking code into the plain HTML widget provided in WordPress.
So 3/5 – It works, but needs a update to be match the greatness of the website.
Contributors & Developers
“Timely Booking Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version of the plugin allows validated entry of account name and selection of button style
- Updated path to Admin preview button image
- Added booking widget to the plugin. This allows adding of iframe based online booking process via widget or embedded shortcode