Rewritten code supporting latest WordPress and Google Map API v3 features!
thydzikGoogleMap is a WordPress plugin that creates inline Google maps in your WordPress posts. With advantages over other existing Google maps plugins being;
- Ease of use, to create a Google map simply type ‘thydzikGoogleMap(mapdata.xml)’ (case insensitive) in your post on its own line.
- Uses XML map data, this allows for maximum configurability, and supports multiple coloured and numbers makers and polylines. Info windows can contain html.
- Supports cross-domain XML files by using a PHP proxy (your XML file can be anywhere).
- Google Map width, height, zoom and map type are all individually configurable.
- Allow readers to download gpx files which can be uploaded to GPS for easy navigation.
- Google Maps API v3, no key required.
1.Support for KML files.
Official Homepage (with lots of working examples)
Comments welcome on any suggestions or bugs.
A few pointers:
- thydzik Google Map is not working or experiencing problems
Post a comment on the thydzik Google map homepage and be sure to accurately describe the problem and please include a link to your post with the thydzik Google Map problem.
- rewritten code
- uses Google marker source
- added gpx file downloads
- removed static markers and added dynamic marker generation functionality
- added functionality to not try to display map if page is proxied through another site, which would mean invalid API key
- added map zoom and type options
- added functionality for multiple maps on single post
- added functionality to not try to display map if page is proxied through another site, which would mean invalid api key
- added zoom option
- addition of nice html output if plugin file is viewed outside WordPress
- updated regex used to detect thydzikgooglemap in posts
- fix for non standard install locations
- addition of markers from 0 to 115
- added xml proxy for cross domain xml files
- Initial Release