Network content sharing by multiposting between blogs for PHP v5.4+. Broadcast can be used to copy posts to other blogs, link posts between blogs, share content as templates, etc. Broadcastable features include:
- Parent post links to child posts
- Posts, pages
- Taxonomies (categories, tags, etc)
- Custom fields
- Attached images
- Featured images
Broadcasted posts can be linked to their parents, which updates child posts when the parent post is updated. This includes all data: title, slug, content, custom fields, attachments, etc.
- Permalinks of child posts (also see Permalinks plugin in the Premium Pack)
- Canonical URLs of child posts.
For those who have Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin installed, if the Broadcast's canonical URL is selected (which will point to the parent post), it will simultaneously disable Yoast's canonical link. This will prevent search engine penalties.
- Groups plugin enables blog grouping for easy selection
- Custom field blacklist, whitelist and protect list.
- Last used settings are remembered
- User role access granularity
- An enormous amount of extra features in the premium pack
The Broadcast Premium Pack is an actively maintained collection of plugins that expand the functionality of Broadcast.
For a complete list of features and more information, see Broadcast Premium Pack's page on the web. Currently the Premium Pack offers:
- Advanced Custom Fields adds support for correctly broadcasting attachment field types using the ACF plugin.
- All Blogs allows users to broadcast to all blogs in the network without having to be a user of the blog.
- All In One Calendar adds support for Timely's All In One Calendar plugin.
- Back To Parent updates the parent post with the new child content.
- Attachment Shortcodes copies attachments specified in custom shortcodes.
- Comments broadcasts and sync comments between linked posts.
- Custom Field Attachments allows post custom field containing attachment IDs to be broadcasted correctly.
- Duplicate Attachments duplicates the attachments from the parent post tp the child posts, instead of regenerating them. Speeds up broadcasting and keeps any manual thumbnail modifications.
- Event Organiser adds support for Stephen Harris’ Event Organiser plugin, with events and venues.
- Keep Child Attachments keeps the child post's attachments instead of deleting them when updating a broadcast.
- Keep Child Status keeps the status of post children to private, pending, published, draft, no matter the status of the parent.
- Local Links automatically updates links to local posts on each child blog.
- Lock Post allows users to lock editing of posts / pages to only themselves and super admins.
- Menus can copy menus between blogs (overwrite / update), with support for equivalent child posts on the child blogs and equivalent taxonomies.
- No New Terms prevents taxonomy terms from being created on child blogs.
- Per Blog Taxonomies allows individual setting of child post taxonomies.
- Permalinks enables more precise permalink control.
- Polylang adds support for Broadcasting posts in different languages using Frédéric Demarle’s Polylang translation plugin.
- Protect Child Content prevents overwriting of child post content.
- Purge Children removes children and their attached files from child blogs.
- Redirect All Children redirects single post views from visitors of child posts to the parent post.
- Queue adds a broadcast queue which helps to broadcast posts to tens / hundreds / more blogs.
- Send To Many broadcasts many posts to several blogs at once, instead of individually editing and broadcasting each post.
- Sync Taxomnomies synchronize the taxonomies of target blogs with those from a source blog.
- The Events Calendar adds support for Modern Tribe's The Events Calendar plugin with venues and organisers.
- User & Blog Settings (UBS) can hide the broadcast meta box and/or menu, modify the meta box to force/prevent broadcast to blogs, with separate settings for users / blogs / roles.
- User & Blog Settings Post uses the modifications from the UBS plugin to broadcast posts with one click.
- Views adds support for WP Types and Views content templates.
- WooCommerce allows attribute taxonomies and product variations to be broadcasted.
Although Broadcast is relatively easy to understand by itself, for extra documentation see Broadcast's online documentation.
Requires php v5.4 for trait support. PHP 5.3 is no longer officially supported.
Available in the following languages:
The git repository can be found at: https://github.com/the-plainview/threewp_broadcast