Network Content Syndication Made Easy!
Automatically share content by multiposting between multisite blogs. Syndicate posts to other blogs, update posts between blogs, share content templates, etc. Broadcasted posts can be linked to their parents, which updates child posts when the parent post is updated. This includes all data: title, slug, content, custom fields, attachments, etc.
Requires PHP version 5.4 or higher.
- Posts, pages, custom post types
- Taxonomies (categories, tags, etc)
- Custom fields
- Attached images
- Featured images
- Custom field blacklist, whitelist, and protect list.
- User role access granularity
- Many extra features in the premium pack
- Canonical URLs of child posts.
- Permalinks of child posts (also see Permalinks plugin in the Premium Pack)
- Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin integration and support
The Broadcast Premium Pack is an actively maintained collection of plugins that expand the functionality of Broadcast.
3rd party compatability
- All Blogs gives all users access to all of the blogs in the network.
- All Blogs Superadmin allows only superadmins to broadcast to all blogs in the network without having to be a user of the blog.
- Attachment Shortcodes copies attachments specified in custom shortcodes.
- Back To Parent updates the parent post with the new child content.
- Comments adds support for broadcasting of comments.
- Custom Field Attachments allows post custom field containing attachment IDs to be broadcasted correctly.
- Delete Before Broadcast deletes duplicate and similar child posts on each blog before broadcasting.
- Keep Child Status keeps the status of post children to private, pending, published, draft, no matter the status of the parent.
- Local Links automatically updates links to local posts on each child blog.
- No New Terms prevents taxonomy terms from being created on child blogs.
- Per Blog Taxonomies allows individual control of specific taxonomies for each child post.
- Permalinks provides more precise control of permalinks for both parents and children.
- Protect Child Properties prevent various properties of child posts from being overwritten.
- Purge Children removes children and their attached files from child blogs.
- Redirect All Children redirects single post views from visitors of child posts to the parent post.
- User & Blog Settings (UBS) can hide the broadcast meta box and/or menu, modify the meta box to force/prevent broadcast to blogs, with separate settings for users / blogs / roles.
- User & Blog Settings Post uses the modifications from the UBS plugin to broadcast posts with one click.
- Blog Groups 2 provides a means of groups blogs together, in order to be able to quickly select and unselect blogs from the Broadcast meta box.
- Duplicate Attachments will duplicate the attachment and thumbnails, instead of letting WordPress regenerate them.
- Find Some Unlinked Children can selectively link orphans / unlinked posts to parents, instead of automatically linking all found children.
- New Blog Broadcast automatically broadcasts posts when creating a new blog.
- Queue adds a broadcast queue which helps to broadcast posts to tens / hundreds / thousands of blogs.
- Send To Many allows mass broadcast of several posts to blogs at once.
- Lock Post allows users to lock editing of posts / pages to only themselves and super admins.
- Menus copies menus between blogs (overwrite / update), with support for equivalent child posts on the child blogs and equivalent taxonomies.
- Sync Taxonomies synchronize the taxonomies of target blogs with those from a source blog.
Although Broadcast is relatively easy to understand by itself, for extra documentation see Broadcast's online documentation, which covers:
For developers: the code should be well-commented and easily legible for the most part. Extra developer documentation covers:
Requires PHP v5.4, since 5.3 is no longer officially supported.
Available in the following languages:
The git repository can be found at: https://bitbucket.org/edward_electric/broadcast