This plugin manages theme customization. Everything is managed in the WordPress Backend. Code snippets can be activated, copied, created, deactivated, deleted, edited, and uploaded.
Please help improve this plugin by suggesting new features and code snippets. This can be done by creating a New Ticket through the form at: http://dan-cole.com/theme-options/trac/newticket
- Management of code in file and database form.
- Backend code editor with code highlighting.
- Activate, copy, create, deactivate, delete, edite, and upload code.
- Turns off code snippets that cause fatal errors.
- Filtering of code snippets by status, author, storage type, and tags.
- Bulk activate, deactivate, and delete.
- Database storage of snippets, which is great for WPMU.
- Pre-packed code snippets: theme image management, favicon, comment highlighting, custom background & logo header, author section in post, and Element formatting.
- Upload the
theme-optionsfolder and its contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- To use the plugin, go to ‘Theme Options Panel’ under the ‘Appearance’ menu in WordPress.
- Activate the snippets you wish to use on your site.
- Some code snippets may place options on the ‘Snippet Options’ page or create their own page.
- Why don’t the pre-installed code snippets work?
Every code snippet needs to use WordPress’ Hook actions and filters, but if the hook is not within your theme, these snippets will have no place to attach to.
- What themes will the default snippets work for?
They will generally work for any modern, up-to-date theme. The custom header logo requires the “theme_header” hook to remove the title and description.
- What is required to create my own code snippet
Your code will need to be in a PHP functions and placed in the correct location by ‘add_action()’ or ‘add_filter()’. It is recommended that you fill in the default header, which is in a multi-line comment, but it can be done automatically for you.
- Will my WordPress break if I write code with errors?
This plugin will automatically turn off any code snippet if it causes a fatal error, but not necessarily if it has an error or typo. Then on the second page load, that code snippet that failed will not be included and the ‘Theme Options Panel’ will highlight the failed code snippet.
- How can I insert image addresses into text boxes without copying and pasting the image address?
By activating the Image Management snippet and using it to manage your images, you can do away with messing with URLs. Option pages that have thickbox running and have
<?php do_action('image_url_input', 'THE_TEXTBOX_NAME'); ?>after each textbox that deals with images, will for those form fields have an image icon that allows you to select an image visually.
- My images or colors disappeared when I updated, what happened?
There was a problem with the naming of the tables for two snippets, so their names were changed. You either need to rename the MySQL tables in your database or re-upload the images and re-create the colors.
Contributors & Developers
“Theme options” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Version 0.7 (October 17, 2009)
- Fixed uninstall bug
- Fixed border properties bug in Format Snippet
Version 0.6 (October 10, 2009)
- Noted the requirements for Custom Header Logo
- Improved the localization
- Improved the uninstall file
- Changed Image Management table name
- Changed Color Management table name
- Changed from space indenting to tab indenting
Version 0.5 (September 11, 2009)
- Added Color Management Snippet
- Improved Format Snippet
- Improved code base
Version 0.4.1 (August 9, 2009)
- Fixed PHP import problem
Version 0.4 (July 19, 2009)
- Added the Read More code snippet.
- Fixed user permissions.
- Reverted Hook Converting, likely going to be removed.
- Added Import and Export for code snippets and settings.
- Removed hook converting.
- Increased checking filter values, to make sure empty ones aren’t displayed.
Version 0.3 (July 7, 2009)
- Expanded the hooks that will be converted in Thematic and Hybrid
Version 0.2 (June 13, 2009)
- Fixed Image Management snippet’s logo url inserter.
- Fixed Image Management snippet’s inserting logo problem.
- Removed testing messages in snippet pannal POST.
Version 0.1 (June 13, 2009)
- (Mass) Activate, (mass) deactivate, upload, download, create, edit, mass delete, and copy Code Snippets.
- PHP code highlighting for backend editor using CodePress.
- Circuit breaker switch for code snippets.
- New code snippets: Image Management, Favicon, Post Author, Comments, Custom Header, and Format (site elements).
- Basic (limited) Hook Coverting: SNHT to Thematic, SNHT to Hybrid, Hybrid to SNHT, and Thematic to SNHT.
- Snippets Panel Page and Snippet Options Page
- CSS file for any snippet to use.