NOTE: This plugin requires Theme Blvd framework v2.2.1+
In a nutshell, this plugin provides that infamous “Unlimited Sidebars” feature all the cool kids are asking for with your Theme Blvd theme.
When using a Theme Blvd theme, this plugin will allow to create custom widget areas for any of your theme’s specific widget area locations. Custom widget areas can be created for specific locations and then assigned to pages throughout your website. Additionally, custom widget areas can be left as “floating” (i.e. no location) and then be inserted within dynamic areas such as elements of the Layout Builder, for example.
Custom widget areas have two attributes to understand when being setup.
- Location: The location is where the widget area is on the page. Examples would be Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, Ads Above Content, etc.
- Assignments: The assignments are where a particular custom widget area will then be displayed on your website. The assignments can be specific pages, posts, archives, and various other pre-set WordPress conditionals. Additionally, advanced users can input their own custom conditional statements within their widget area assignments.
NOTE: For this plugin to do anything, you must have a theme with Theme Blvd framework v2.2+ activated.
theme-blvd-widget-areasfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance > Widget Areas in your WordPress admin panel to to use the Widget Area Manager
Not reviews yet?
Contributors & Developers
“Theme Blvd Widget Areas” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added WooCommerce support (for framework 2.5+ themes).
- Added bbPress support (for framework 2.5+ themes).
- Added Theme Blvd Portfolios support (for framework 2.5+ themes).
Note: For you Jump Start 2.0 beta testers, these changes will only work with Jump Start 2.0-beta3+
- Minor security fix.
- Compatibility for servers still running PHP 5.2 for last update’s edits.
- Fixed some admin page styling quirks.
- When widget area is created from Edit Page screen, it’s now initially set to
- GlotPress compatibility (for 2015 wordpress.org release).
- Admin style updates for WordPress 3.8 and MP6 (requires Theme Blvd framework v2.4+).
- Fixed bug with not being able to use
&&operator in custom conditionals.
- Removed deprecated media uploader script.
- Admin jQuery improvements for 1.9 – Converted all .live() to .on()
- Fixed “Dismiss” link not working for notices on some admin pages.
- Fixed any conflicts when activated with Theme Blvd Bundle.
- Added fix for rare PHP warning resulting from
_tb_sidebarsmeta not being saved properly.
themeblvd_sidebars_post_type_argsfilter on registered
- Added “Sidebar Overrides” meta box so custom sidebars can be applied
while editing posts and pages directly.
- Minor admin styling updates.
- Re-structured how custom sidebars are applied to cut down database
queries roughly 6 to 1.
- Update requires Theme Blvd framework v2.2.1+.
- This is the first release.