When using a Theme Blvd theme, this plugin gives you slick interface to build custom, responsive sliders that can then be incorporated throughout your website via shortcode or custom layouts.
Quick Feature Overview
- WordPress admin interface to create custom sliders.
- An element added to the Layout Builder to include a custom slider.
- An element added to the Layout Builder to include a slider generated from posts (with Theme Blvd framework v2.2.1+).
- A shortcode for inserting custom sliders into pages and posts –
- A shortcode for inserting sliders generated from posts (with Theme Blvd framework v2.2.1+) –
- Sliders are responsive and will scale to fit their surrounding container.
- Three slider types included by default for custom sliders – Flexslider, Nivo, and Roundabout
- Slider types are extendable through Theme Blvd framework API. – View Docs
NOTE: For this plugin to do anything, you must have a theme with Theme Blvd framework v2.2+ activated.
theme-blvd-slidersfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Sliders in your WordPress admin panel to to use the Slider Manager.
Displaying your custom sliders
Sliders you create can be utilized within your website in two ways.
- You can insert them with the slider shortcode like this:
- If you have the Layout Builder running, you can insert the sliders you’ve created into your custom layout via the “Slider” element.
Contributors & Developers
“Theme Blvd Sliders” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Improvement: Use
add_object_page, which was deprecated in WordPress 4.5.
- GlotPress compatibility (for 2015 wordpress.org release).
- Minor security fix.
- Fixed image alignment issues on “Standard” slider type that occurred from of previous update.
- Fixes for themes with Theme Blvd Framework 2.5+
- Removed “3D Carousel” slider type for themes with Theme Blvd Framework 2.5+
- Added support for thumbnail navigation with Bootstrap Carousel (requires Theme Blvd framework v2.4.2+).
- Admin style updates for WordPress 3.8 (requires Theme Blvd framework v2.4+).
- Added “Bootstrap Carousel” slider type.
- Fixed 3D Carousel slider’s navigation for FontAwesome 4.
- Added filter
themeblvd_nivo_imageto image output of Nivo type sliders.
Added filters onto slider headline, description, and button text.
- Admin jQuery improvements for 1.9 – Converted all .live() to .on()
- Fixed bug with Slider Manager not showing currently selected image crop size properly.
- Fixed Slider Manager UI bug with switching “Media Display” and “Slide Elements” not adjusting correctly.
- Fixed “category” parameter not working with
- Improved and moved Sliders API functionality to plugin.
themeblvd_sliders_post_type_argsfilter on registered
- Added compatibility for Portfolios plugin with Post Slider. With this plugin activated you can use “portfolio” and “portfolio_tag” parameters with
- Fixed non-working
- Added filter on slides array when displaying sliders.
- Adjusted category and tag parameters for
- Changed slide description/button area to use div’s and not paragraph tags.
- Added wp auto formatting to slide description. Can turn off by filtering “themeblvd_standard_slider_desc” to false.
- Added “themeblvd_standard_slider_button” filter to parameters feed into themeblvd_button when displaying buttons in sliders.
- Fixed bug with “custom” type slides not saving.
- Added support for “Post Slider” element.
- Added support for minor admin UI improvements in Theme Blvd framework v2.2.1 update.
- Added “clearfix” class for staged images in slides.
<span>in slide description to
<div>for markup validation.
- This is the first release.