Note: Development for The Social Links happens on Github. Please submit an issue there.
The Social Links plugin adds a widget and shortcode to your WordPress website allowing you to display icons linking to your social profiles. The new version includes the following social networks:
We’ve also added support for a shortcode (
[the-social-links]) for use in WordPress posts and pages and a custom template tag (
<?php the_social_links();?>) for use in template files.
The Social Links is translation ready!
It’s important to note that we will only support the above social networks in the free version. Want extra social networks? You can purchase The Social Links Pack for only $5 (unlimited commercial use) which gives you access to:
The reason we charge for extra social networks is to make sure we maintain a high level of support on this plugin. Our developers need to get paid even though they love contributing towards the community.
- How do I add the bookmarks to my theme manually (also for themes that do not support widgets)?
Using the shortcode (
[the-social-links]) in your posts and pages or by adding the custom template tag (
<?php the_social_links();?>) in your template files.
- Are you going to add other social networks?
To keep the plugin as fluid as possible we have decided to minimise the amount of networks in the free version. If you have a network that you think should be added, please head to our support page to submit a request.
- Can I use other icons?
We have decided that to keep a high standard for the plugin we will be using font based icons. All icons are styled by CSS. We are developing additional premium icon packs that you will be able to purchase.
- Can I change the order of the icons?
You can change the order on your settings page.
Followed the outlined instructions but never did get it to work. Maybe I'm just impatient but I gave up after about 20mins
Easy to use plugin. Great work.
- Removed escaping of widget output
- Fixed a bug that prevented the widgets from loading
- Fixed readme.txt
- Removed ‘_’ when there shouldn’t have been one.
- Notify users that support is now done on Github.
- Fixed static function error on shortcode
- Released quality code (according to WordPress Coding Standards)
- Added unit testing
- Removed WeChat
- Updated icons
- Removed missing semi-colon on non-breaking space.
- Added missing translation strings
- Fixed a translation domain in the widget management panel.
- Added support for WordPress translate.
- Prepped the system for style packs. Coming soon!
- Fixed spelling mistake
- Fixed alignment issue on shortcode
- Started implementing extendable features.
- Fixed fatal error on getting social networks. Should fix memory leak.
- Used construct on the classes to support depreciation in 4.3
- Changed the way the widget is registered.
- Fixed default style link hover colour in widgets.
- Recreated the plugin from the ground up
- Added support for font based icons
- Removed extra social networks
- Ability to order the social networks
- Added YouVersion correctly.
- Google+ icon did not upload correctly.
- Move across to Digital Leap. Includes support for Google+.
- Added extra social networks incl. Google+ and removed under performing ones
- Image src attribute had an extra slash in it.
- Subversion did not pick up all of the changes. This is to push the update to all updated installs.
- Spelling Mistake
- Title Error
- Fixed a minor bug
- Added even more social networks
- Updated the layout
- Option to have links open in current or new window
- Added link to the admin bar (Appearance -> The Social Links)
- Fixed a minor bug
- Add more social networks
- Added screenshots
- Initial Release