This plugins will allow you to avoid using ‘sidebar.php’ in themes, but using as many virtual sidebars as you need. By the same way, you could select a sidebar to specific templates sources pages.
I created this plugins because: since the day I began to use Widgets, never I used these famous sidebar files.
So this plugins will allow you to :
- Avoid ‘sidebar.php’ in your themes
- Having as many Sidebar you want
- Select Sidebars by templates pages
See the page of VirtualSideBar : http://wp.tedac.fr/en/plugins/ted-virtualsidebar/
See also: http://wp.tedac.fr/en/plugins/
(none, up to now)
Upload the Ted-VirtualSidebar plugin to your blog
- Activate it
- Choose the number of Sidebar you need
- Enter a name for each one
- Complete location for each sidebar ( Before or After the “Loop” )
- Select the templates pages for each sidebar ( Index.php, Single.php, Archive.php, Page.php & Category.php )
Now the sidebars are accessible in the widget screen.
Of course now you need to adjust the theme and your ‘style.css’, to do you can look after its homepage.
Good luck, and, please, give me back informations on how you used my ‘baby’.
Contributors & Developers
“Ted-VirtualSidebar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Creation of the plugin
- Add the choice on pages
- Add POT for localization
- Add PO & MO for french language