If multiple taxonomies are created for a custom post type, a menu will allow to chose the one need sorted. If child categories (terms) are defined, tose can be sorder too using the same interface
Also you can have the admin terms interface sorted per your new sort.
This plugin is developed by Nsp-Code
Available in English, Dutch, French, Deutch, Slovak, Japanese, Traditional Chineze, Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Czech and Romanian
Whant to contribute with a translation to your language? Please check at https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/taxonomy-terms-order
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com
- I have no PHP knowledge at all, i will still be able to use this plugin?
Yes, this is the right tool for you. The plugin come with a unique feature to update the queries on the fly and return the terms in the required ored without changing any line of code. Or as alternative you can do that manually.
- I prefer to apply the sort through code, how can be done?
Include a ‘orderby’ => ‘term_order’ within your get_terms() arguments.
- What taxonomies will allow me to sort?
You can sort ALL taxonomies, including the default Categories.
- Is there any way i can get my admin interface to use the custom terms order?
Absolutelly, the plugin can do that. In fact you can configure so only the admin will update and the front side template will display the terms as before.
- There is a feature that i want it implemented, can you do something about it?
All ideas are welcome and i put them on my list to be implemented into the new versions. Anyway this may take time, but if you are in a rush, please consider a small donation and we can arrange something.
Best solution for an important problem! Congratulations!
I like this plugin, it does exactly what I need. But the only thing is that it displays the categories and taxonomies in the opposite order you specify. So in order to order them properly, you have to order them the opposite way you want them. Kinda silly. But it works.
- Remove translations from the package
- Removed donate banner
- PHP 7 fix
- Unused action remove
- textomain folder fix
- Translation fix for user roles
- the_title filter replced with terms_walker
- Add Nonce for admin settings
- Texdomain change to taxonomy-terms-order to allow translations through translate.wordpress.org
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility update
- Css updates
- Security bug fix
- Translation textdomain fix – thanks to Pedro Mendonça
- Portuguese localization update – Pedro Mendonça
- User role switch from deprecated user_level to capabilities
- Taxonomy sort for media
- Admin Options update
- Iranian Language (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Admin css updates.
- Polish Language(Pozdrawiam – www.difreo.pl/ ; Mateusz – www.czar-net.com )
- Hungarian Language(Adam Laki – http://codeguide.hu/)
- Ukrainian translation (Michael Yunat – http://getvoip.com)
- Czech translation
- Brazilian Portuguese Language (Rafael Forcadell – www.rafaelforcadell.com.br)
- Traditional Chineze Language (Danny – http://sofree.cc)
- Minor admin styling
- Menu walker update
- Translations load fix
- Japanese language
- Headers already sent bug fix
- Slovak Language (Branco Slovak http://webhostinggeeks.com/user-reviews/)
- Small updates
- German and French languages.
- Localisation Implement, Dutch and Romanian.
- Many thanks to Anja Fokker http://www.werkgroepen.net/