Perhaps you want to use category image? This plugin gives you total control over the output of your taxonomies.
Displays a list of selected taxonomy as links with thumbnail and it's short description.
This plugin comes with several options as a post/page content or as a widget with similiar functionality.
Support multiwidget easy to customize and full features. Displays a list of categories as links.
When a list item link is clicked, all the posts in that taxonomy will display on your category, tag, archieve or taxonomy page using the
appropriate category template dictated by the template hierarchy rules. This plugin is based on the WordPress
Key Features & Options
- Beautiful backend interface
- Description, show or hide the category item description.
- Display as a list or inline.
- Order by ascending or descending.
- Orderby count, id, slug or term group.
- Controls how many levels in the hierarchy of categories are to be included.
- Sets the number of categories to display.
- Show or hide the taxonomy item thumbnail.
- Custom thumbnail height & width for diplaying the categories image.
- Item width set the width of an list item in pixel.
- Child indent a margin left in pixels for child item.
- Include or exclude selected categories.
- Set in hierarchical.
- Use description, sets whether a category's description is inserted into the title attribute of the links created.
- Show last update, set to order it for last update.
- Show count of the current count of posts in each category.
- Hide empty categories with no posts.
- Intro & outro text for widget, if you want to add additional text or HTML.
- Inline documentation for each option.
Question & Supports
Please leave message for questions, supports or new features on next version here: