Teddy ID is a secure authentication service that allows your users to log in to your site by tapping just one button on user’s phone, without entering a password, yet as secure as modern internet banking sites. Every time a user logs in to your site, TeddyID recognizes the user automatically and sends a picture to his phone and to his computer. The user makes sure the pictures match and approves login by tapping “Yes” button in TeddyID app on his phone. Passwords are no longer needed, and security is ensured by use of two devices associated with the user: a computer and a phone. This is two factor authentication made simple.
Try it for yourself on our site https://www.TeddyID.com.
TeddyID will be displayed as a widget above your page content. In most cases, the entire login flow takes place within this widget and the user never has to leave your site.
New users will be automatically added to your wordpress database. There is an option to auto-generate email addresses to further ease the registration process in case your site doesn’t require emails.
Existing users can link their accounts at your site to their TeddyID accounts in their /wp-admin/ if they want to move from password based authentication to phone based authentication.
- Install the plugin from the Plugins page in your /wp-admin/
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings / TeddyID Settings. The secret key is already generated for you, copy it to clipboard
- Sign up at https://www.TeddyID.com, go to nodes page https://www.TeddyID.com/control/nodes.php, add a “desktop node”, paste the secret key from your WP admin. Take note of the Node ID of the newly generated node.
- Return to Settings / TeddyID Settings, enter the generated Node ID and save (check or uncheck the email auto-generation option as you feel necessary).
- That’s it, test it at your login page, TeddyID widget should display above your page. Close the widget if you want to login with a password.
Do I have to pay?
Usually, no. Refer to our site for details.
Do my users pay anything?
No, nothing, apart from tiny network costs. Also see our users’ FAQ.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Teddy ID” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Now user compares two pictures, on your site and on his phone, and if they match, user approves the login.