WordPress’s first and exclusive widget to display a random Thirukural in tamil. The widget also displays chapter, section and explanations by three different scholars(Dr. Mu.Karunanidhi, Dr. Mu.Varadhrajan, Kalaimamani Solomon Pappaiah) for each kural. You could choose which explanation to be shown from the widget options. More customization options coming soon!.
Please rate this plugin and leave your feedback in the reviews section to improve the plugin. தமிழ் செழித்தோங்கட்டும் !
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file.
- Extract the zip file in /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “Appearance -> Widgets”
- Add the widget to your sidebar
- Please rate my plugin to show your gratitude. 😀
- How many Kurals are currently added?
Since version 3.0, all 1330 kurals are added.
- Is there anything I need to configure?
The plugin works out of the box. But to make the widget look perfect for your theme, I strongly suggest you to play with and adjust the font size and styling options in the widget admin screen to get the best looking widget for your website theme.
- I have a suggestion. How do I contact you?
The best way to contact me is through the support forums. You can also email me at email@example.com
Contributors & Developers
“Tamil Thirukural” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Better file structure
- Security fixes
- CSS fixes
- Admin options to change font size and style
- Admin options to show/hide explanation
- Admin options to show/hide chapter and section
- Added all 1330 kurals
- Admin can now choose to display explanation from one of three tamil scholars
- Tested to work with WP 4.5.2
- Code clean up / refactor
- Added 10 new kurals
- CSS bug fixes