Tailwind CSS is a great companion to building block based sites in WordPress. Unfortunately, it’s been pretty complicated to add Tailwind CSS to WordPress since it needs to be compiled with Node.js in order to be production ready.
This plugin takes care of that by adding Tailwind CSS to WordPress in one easy step (activate the plugin) and at the same time takes care of performance and caching so your site remains fast and production ready!
Who It’s For
This is primarily for developers and users that are familiar with Tailwind CSS and comfortable styling their site using their utility class framework.
It’s also for those who have struggled to add Tailwind to their workflow without having to constantly compile their CSS every time the classes in their page content changes.
How it Works
- Uses the official Tailwind CDN to dynamically add any class on the fly
- Caches the dynamically generated CSS to avoid performance issues on the frontend of your production site.
Can this be used in production?
Yes! Although the styles in the backend get generated on the fly, the CSS on the frontend gets cached for every page. Changing any classes on the page will bust the cache automatically so it’ll still stay up to date with any changes.
Can this be used outside the block editor?
Yes! This will work anywhere on the backend or front end of your site that uses classes to style things.
The non-desktop preview modes in the block editor utilize an iframe and don’t load assets properly. Therefore your Tailwind styles won’t be visible here.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Simply add classes anywhere you would like in your pages, for example under the “Additional CSS class(es)” of any of your blocks.
- That’s it! It should just work.
Optionally configure your version of Tailwind under Settings > TailPress.
Contributors & Developers
“TailPress – Tailwind for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a settings page to configure Tailwind.
- Fixed interferance in admin panel
- Fixed buffer notice
- First version.