Tab Override allows you to enter tabs into the HTML editor (not Visual) as you would in a desktop text editor.
- Tab character insertion via the tab key
- Tab character removal via the shift+tab key combination
- Multi-line selection support
- Adjustable tab size (use tabs or any number of spaces)
- Auto indent feature
- Custom key combinations (use any key and modifier keys for tab/untab)
- Tabs on/off toolbar button
- Can be enabled or disabled for specific admin pages
- Customizable jQuery selectors for plugin interoperability
- Cross-browser compatible
NOTE: As of version 3.0, PHP 4 is no longer supported.
- Upload the
tab-overridedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set the plugin options through the ‘Settings’ menu in WordPress
This is SO useful. It’s very frustrating as a coder/developer to not be able to use the tab key.
I’ve been using an external tool to clean up the content in the past, and it’s been a pain in the butt. With this, I don’t have to do that anymore.
It works with the existing version of WordPress and that should be reflected on the plugin page. Huge timesaver.
A huge thankyou to the developers.
Does exactly what it’s supposed to do, thanks!
(Also allows setting the tab size, yay)
Contributors & Developers
“Tab Override” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added options for custom key combinations
- Internet Explorer 10 compatibility
- Added options to customize the selectors used by the jQuery plugin
- Updated the jQuery plugin to the latest version (2.0)
- Increased the minimum required version of WordPress to 3.3
- Updated the jQuery plugin
- WordPress 3.3 compatibility update
- Increased the minimum required version of WordPress to 3.2
- Added an optional tabs on/off toolbar button
- Removed the reset_options option
- Fixed the auto indent option to switch on/off properly
- Changed the way new options are created when the plugin is updated
- Increased the minimum required version of WordPress to 3.0
- Updated settings array to enable auto indent by default
- Added an auto indent feature
- Added an uninstall procedure to clean up options in the database
- Improved security and performance
- Updated the jQuery plugin to version 1.1 (includes auto indent, IE bug fixes)
- Added translation support (internationalization / i18n)
- Added tab_override_init and tab_override_add_scripts hooks
- Updated code to better conform to WordPress coding standards
- PHP 4 is no longer supported
- Updated code for WordPress 3.0 compatibility
- Added options to select which admin pages have Tab Override enabled
- Added option to reset all options to defaults when plugin is (re)activated
- Added a settings page with a Tab Size option (default blank = tab character)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer
- Added support for Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari
- Added tab removal support via the shift+tab key combination
- Added mutli-line selection support
- Added Firefox support
- Initial release
- Opera only