The purpose of this plugin is to separate theme hacking from the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin area and move it into a private area (this plugin).
This accomplishes two things:
1) It allows you to upgrade SyntaxHighlighter Evolved without worrying about clobbering your custom themes and
2) It replaces any WordPress theme-specific hooks (functions.php, etc.) that
you may be using to load your custom themes.
This creates a WordPress theme-independent way to load and store custom syntax themes.
- Unzip it with ‘unzip syntaxhighlighter-style.zip’
- Copy or create new stylesheets into the plugin directory.
- Edit syntaxhighlighter-style.php to load the stylesheet (read the comments)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ admin menu in WordPress
- How do I add new syntax themes once the plugin is running?
Simply deactivate the plugin, edit the new themes (.css files) in the plugin directory, edit syntaxhighlighter-style.php to register the new themes and then re-activate the plugin from the WordPress Plugins panel.
Contributors & Developers
“SyntaxHighlighter Evolved Style” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added screenshots
- Fixed up readme.txt
- Released: November 24, 2011