Synchi IDE empowers you with syntax highlighting and powerful IDE features in
WP plugin editor, themes editor and article HTML editor. Plugin is based on
Visit the project page to learn more.
A full IDE inside WordPress
Synchi is a full IDE! You no longer need an external code editor, since you
can enjoy code creation experience inside your WordPress, from any location.
No need to leave the plugin/themes editor page for saving files, they are now
opened in tabs for your convenience. You can also create new files and folders,
delete and copy/cut existing files and folders!
You can enjoy syntax highlight and basic IDE features (search/replace,code
formatting, line highlight…) in HTML article editor without conflicts with
TinyMCE. Full screen is enabled too for both articles and text/HTML widgets
- syntax highlight for a
number of programming languages in themes/plugins editor, articles editor
and text/HTML widgets editor
and PHP (WordPress functions included)
- editor themes for comfortable coding experience
- full screen editing
- plugins/themes ajax file browser
- tabbed files editing (remembering last opened tabs)
- create/delete/copy/move files and folders via AJAX
- preview image files inside the IDE
- line numbers (with highlighting option)
- line wrapping
- brackets matching
- goto line
- code auto-format
- comment/uncomment code
- search code (with regex search)
- replace code (with regex search)
- Keyboard shortcut for every editor control
- Localization enabled
Supported programming languages for syntax highlight
- PHP (.php files)
- CSS (.css files)
- HTML (.html and htm files)
- XML (.xml files)
- MySQL (.sql files)
The code is well documented and understandable. Additional plugin information,
screenshots and contact information is available at http://milos.djekic.net
Synchi has localization support. Currently, the IDE is available for:
- Serbian (Српски)
Miloš Đekić is a software enthusiast from Belgrade,
Serbia. He loves to create useful software.
libraries made by different authors.
An unmeasured thanks to authors of libraries and jQuery plugins:
- Fantastic CodeMirror library by Marijn Haverbeke
- jQuery contextMenu Plugin by Rodney Rehm
- jQuery Tooltip Plugin by Jörn Zaefferer
- jQuery FileTree
- Shortcut script by Binny VA
Special thanks to users providing valuable feedback and ideas:
Before you begin, please make sure jQuery is included (should be WP default). If
you are by chance using Internet Explorer 6, please do not install this plugin or,
even better, stop using Internet.
- Upload ‘synchi’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Synchi to open the settings
- Customize your code editing experience and enable/disable Synchi
- That’s it. Enjoy a full IDE inside WordPress!
The plugin allthough is enabled, does not operates as an editor.
The developer, @mdjekic, has made it clear that he no longer intends to support this plugin. That is his right. Just be aware of it.
I recommend WP Editor instead. It does everything Synchi does and more. It integrates the CodeMirror editor, and has AJAX file system integration, including being able to preview image files in a FancyBox. And, it’s fully supported.
I appreciate the work that has gone into this plugin. And I was excited to stumble across it. I’ve been using HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter and like it but have a couple minor problems with it. So I was willing to change plugins. I like the idea of code completion, folders, goto line, regex search & replace, and the keyboard shortcuts. However, two major pitfalls are that I can’t use multiple cursors like I can with HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter (HESH) and that’s huge for me! Also, I can’t use [Cmd + S] to save the page or post and I use that all the time too with HESH. Also, I used CSS with HESH to style the syntax highlighting the way I wanted to match my syntax theme in Sublime Text. With this plugin, I don’t like the limited syntax themes available and that I can’t create my own.
Sometimes, we need support the customers, we need this in case no FTP info not give. So helpful.
Contributors & Developers
“Synchi” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Localized to Russian language (credits and gratitude go to Aurumdao)
- Bugs reported by the WP community fixed
- Active theme and active plugins highlighted in IDE file explorer
- Line wrapping now optional through settings
- Security improvements
- New theme – “ide” (credits go to Aurumdao)
- Added syntax highlight for text widgets in widget editor
- Fixed the article editor bugs and optimized loading
- Optimized the settings page and fixed missing theme bug
- Added language support for the article editor and settings
- Localized the article editor and settings to Serbian (sr_RS)
- Enabled plugin localization and localized to Serbian (sr_RS)
- Added comment/uncomment code option
- Optimized context menus for tabs and added ‘Save’ option
- Optimized serialized tabs loading and fixed a transition bug
- Fixed an annoying bug when editing files with huge lines of text
- Fixed a minor bug when attempting to save images from IDE
- Added Synchi image preview for previewing images inside the IDE
- Fixed a minor bug in serializing tab positions
- Included as a workaround for problems with server settings concerning direct access to scripts other than standard WP entry points
- Added extra settings for indenting with tabs and controlling tab size
- Updated CodeMirror source to version 2.32
- Fixed focusing on first tab when initializing IDE
- Fixed ‘Save All’ bug when no changes are made
- Added matching words highlight
- Added uninstaller to remove junk when removing plugin
- Secured Synchi request handler to ensure that no one but admin can use Synchi
- Ensured plugin/themes editing rights are checked before initializing IDE
- Added options to enable/disable Synchi in plugins & themes editor and article editor
- Upgraded to a full IDE inside WordPress for themes and plugins editing
- Enhanced HTML editor for article editing
- Added ajax document saving for themes and plugins editor
- Added search and search/replace feature
- Added font size setting
- Added code auto-formating and indenting
- Added keyboard shortcuts for new features
- Added syntax highlight in article editor
- Added line numbers option in editor
- Added brackets matching option in editor
- Added line wrapping option in editor
- Added undo,redo,jump to line controls
- Added full screen editing for themes and plugins
- Resolved a small issue when initializing syntax highlight in themes
- Added syntax highlight in themes editor.
- Added themes for syntax highlight in editor.
- First version – syntax highlight on.