Boost your user engagement!
Swifty bar will adds sticky bar at the bottom of post that shows category, post title, author, time needed to read article, share buttons together with share count, and previous/next post links. This plugin can easily replace your social share buttons while giving readers better experience with much more options. Its fast, coded with best practice, super light and will not slow down your site.
Check out demo here
Major features in Swifty Bar include:
- Shows current post category, post title and authors first and last name.
- Shows estimated time that is needed for visitor to read your article.
- Share buttons for most popular social networks (new ones comming soon).
- Number of Comments and click to scroll to comment form.
- Previous/Next Post Links with nice preview on hover.
- Super light, clean code that will not slow down your site.
- Admin Panel to customize each module.
- Supports custom post types.
- Multiple colors and two type of icons
- Share counter
Share Count in 1.2!
We introduced share count in latest version of swifty bar. We are saving share counts inside WP Transients to keep things fast and fetching new shares once user clicks on any of the share icons, if no clicks have been made, share will refresh once daily, that way site is doing minimal requests to the share APIs which boosts its speed by ALOT.
Check out my other plugins on wpgens.com and subscribe to get notified once new cool plugins are out – one email per plugin/month
If you have any suggestions/feedback to improve Swifty Bar, please get in touch with me via email email@example.com .
- Upload the Swifty Bar plugin to your blog, Activate it.
- Go to Plugin Settings Page – located under settings.
- Choose on which Post Type bar should appear.
- How to add new social networks
We will add them slowly in new updates. Post on forums which one you need and we will add it. For now we want to keep it simple and fast.
Working with it since some days. Really love it!
Now that I have activated this plugin, I understand why it has got all these five star ratings…but I wonder why this fantabulous plugin has got so less active installs. But I’m amazed! Everyone should use it, I feel.
I just Installed this plugin and set it up in less than 2 minutes!
It works like a charm and does what is promised. It’s lightweight and fast with clear front end interface.
No need for a premium one
Thank you very much developer!
Really fast loading, good looking useful plugin.
Configuration options are clear and disabling some of the options is a great possibility, go on with the good job!
Really good plugin, fast, lightweight, working great!
This plugin is awesome. It looks good, it’s light weight, has great support – everything you can expect from a paid plugin, only it’s free!!!!
Contributors & Developers
“Swifty Bar, sticky bar by WPGens” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix usage with other wpgens plugins
- WordPress version readme update
- WordPress version readme update
- Social notice error fix
- Removed Twitter Count as twitter do not support counts anymore – https://blog.twitter.com/2015/hard-decisions-for-a-sustainable-platform
- Added pretty counts for counts above 1000 shares.
- Added pretty numbers for sites with more then 100k shares. Yup swifty is being used on big sites!
- Added share count for each share icon.
- New share icons design
- Preparation for premium version
- Added twitter share via
- Hiding time to read wont hide time to read bar now.
- sbicon- class changed to sbicn to remove conflict with icomoon font
- Limit title length, so that share does not get hidden in posts with long titles.
- Chose which social share button to display.
- icon- class changed to sbicon class because of some theme conflicts
- Author is taken now from display name instead of first and last name.
- Added 7 colors to chose from.
- Small quick fixes.
- Ability to chose prev/next posts from tags or category.
- Fixed issue when choosing posts to display from just category would not work.
- Made prev/next links smaller on 320px to have comments fit on that resolution – 7 July 2015
- Added touch events for prev/next post links
- Changed fontelo family name to sbfontelo because of conflict with some themes
- Fixed twitter title for sharing and changed progress bar class with plugin prefix – 6 July 2015
- Support category links for non english sites – 5 July 2015
- Fixed Custom Post Type Prev/Next Error 5 July 2015
- Optimized jQuery and better recalculation – thanks Ante
- Added plugin prefix to social class – thanks Borko
- Initial Release 3 July 2015