Super RSS Reader is jQuery based RSS reader widget, which displays the RSS feeds in the widget in an attractive way. It uses the jQuery easy ticker plugin to add a news ticker like effect to the RSS feeds. Multiple RSS feeds can be added for a single widget and they get seperated in tabs.
The plugin is fully customizable with external styles and with some inbuilt color styles. It acts as a perfect replacement for the default RSS widget in WordPress.
New features in v2.5
- Added option to change the title for individual tabs.
- Support for full or rich description.
- Revised feed ordering.
- jQuery news ticker like effect to the RSS feeds (can turn off or on)
- Tabs support, if multiple RSS feeds are added in a single widget.
- (NEW) Displays thumbnail to the feed items if available.
- Customizable with Inbuilt color styles and with external CSS styles.
- (NEW) Customizable ticker speed.
- Add multiple RSS feeds in a page with a ticker effect.
- Supports RSS or atom feed.
- Can strip title and description text of the feed item.
- Can tweak the widget to change the no of visible feed itemas and more…
- If you like this plugin, then just make a small donation and it will be helpful for the plugin development.
- The jQuery ticker effect is by the jQuery easy ticker plugin
- RSS feed reading engine is the inbuilt WordPress’s engine
- The news ticker effect is powered by the jQuery Easy ticker plugin
- Default color styles are by Aakash Chakravarthy.
Download and upload the latest version of Super RSS Reader,
- Unzip & upload it to your WordPress site.
- Activate the plugin.
- Drag and drop the “Super RSS Reader” widget in the “Widgets” page.
- Input a RSS feed URL to the widget, tweak some settings and you are,
- Done !
- How can I customize the RSS widget externally ?
You can use the
super-rss-reader-widgetclass in your stylesheet to control the widget styling. Other classes are,
srr-tab-wrap– the tab’s class.
srr-wrap– the wrapper of the widget.
srr-item.odd– to control the odd feed items.
srr-item.even– to control the even feed items.
- Will the additional ticker effect slows the site ?
No. the additional effect needs only 3.4 Kb of additional file. I think thats not too heavy to slow down the site.
- How to create a tabbed mode or multiple feeds ?
Just enter the RSS feed URLs seperated by comma in the widget, the plugin automatically renders the tab.
For more FAQs just check out the official page.
This plugin throws debug errors with current versions of WordPress…and hasn’t been updated in 2 years. Don’t recommend it anymore. It was good …once upon a time.
I really love the tabbed feed, and working with Page Builder by SiteOrigin is a fabulous way to use it. The colour settings are easy to change if you use something like SiteOrigin CSS. It is lovely to have several feeds together but organised in tabs. It is very easy to implement. I have it running on maybe a dozen sites at the moment. I would like to see some sort of an update, just so that we know someone still cares and WP stops telling me it may be out of date. It is still working at 4.7.3.
I have a Google News indexed site – People’s Pundit Daily – and am also the creator of the WordPress Premium Google News Plugin.
My own theme’s widget and the added JetPack widget were ugly and lacked the capability to add my custom Google News Editors’ Picks Feeds. Because we created a homepage and section-based custom feed with the plugin, I wanted to be able to feature both. The tabbed widget option was perfect!
So, now I have a tab for the “Pundit’s Picks” AND “PPD Nation” Editors’ Picks Feeds.
Awesome! Great Job on this plugin guys. Now, I am about to play around with custom CSS, which is also simple. Love it!
Çok güzel bir eklenti. Kullanışlı, kullanımı kolay, görsel olarak güzel. Tavsiye ederim.
Önizleme için ;
Contributors & Developers
“Super RSS Reader” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Added feature to change individual tab titles/names.
- Added feature to enable rich or full description.
- Fixed feed ordering issues.
- Updated jQuery easy ticker plugin to v2.0.
- Minor code revisions.
- Added feature to cut down/strip feed titles.
- Added a new ‘Simple modern’ color style.
- Fixed imcompatibility of other jQuery plugins due to the usage of the latest version of jQuery.
- Displays “thumbnail” of the feed item if available.
- Added setting to change ticker speed.
- Added setting to edit the “Read more” text.
- Default styles are revised.
- Switched to full size ticker code.
- Core code revised.
- Added option to open links in new window.
- Changed the method to include the scripts and styles.
- Added a new ‘Orange’ color style.
- Core code is completely rewritten.
- Flash RSS Reader is removed and instead jQuery is used.
- Administration panel used in the previous version is removed and settings are configured in the widget itself.
- Second version with included CSS and Proxy file (loadXML.php).
- Initial version with a flash RSS Reader