Strictly Tweetbot is designed to allow site owners to post automatic twitter messages to one or more accounts whenever an article is added to a site.
This plugin is ideal for people who regularly import content into their sites and want to make sure that one or more twitter accounts have their statuses updated with details of newly posted articles. The variety of configuration options available help you create unique tweets for each post as well as deciding whether or not to post by analysing the articles content.
- Post to multiple accounts OR post multiple messages to the same account with different formats.
- Easy to authenticate using the new OAuth method. No need to register your plugin as a consumer application.
- Format your messages with easy to use placeholders e.g %title% %url% %hashtags%
- Add tracking codes (e.g Google Analytics) to the article URL BEFORE it is shortened to track inbound traffic from tweets.
- Use your categories or post tags as the source for your hash tags or use default hash tags.
- Dashboard report keeps you informed of status updates or failures.
- Automatic hookup to my Strictly AutoTags plugin so that any post tags generated by it can be used as #hashtags in tweets.
- Help prevent a Twitter Rush by fetching your new article BEFORE tweets are sent out (see http://blog.strictly-software.com/2011/11/twitter-rush-caused-by-tweet-bots.html)
- Use content analysis to decide whether or not to post a tweet to a certain account or not. Options include All Words, Any Word, No Words and Always Post.
- Set up an ignore list of words that prevent a tweet being sent out.
- Use either the popular Tweet Shrink API to shorten tweets before posting or my own Text Shrink (text speak) function OR both.